Genetics Experts: Can you get Lavender from B/B/S?

pips&peeps you are 100% correct on that or even possibly came from a mutation in a line which the chances are so very slim.

Pic's of The late great grandfather to our lav Orp Project..

"Lester....his plumage was in rough shape at the time these pic's were taken..
100_5057.jpg

100_5055-1.jpg

100_5060.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Is there an age when this "test" works best - I guess to clarify does this test work after the first molt or 6 month molt? I ask because I have a very young Lavender Ameraucana chick from John Blehm (so I have no doubt it carries a double copy of the lav gene) - I will go and check the little cockerel and see.

Feathers, here are some wing feathers off a smaller younger bro to the first bird in question.

I JUST popped these wing feather pics off this other young BLUE just for your question

I AM extremely happy IF ALL he is a BLUE

Please tell us what to look for? And is this bird too young to tell?

387617487.jpg

387695714.jpg

387695715.jpg

Last edited:
lildinkem -

In the pictures you sent me it looks like the outside of the feather shaft is a Blue color and the inside of feather shaft is a White color... Am I right?

Chris

lildinkem i don't believe he is a lav.. the quills on the side of the bird we see should be very light completely all over the bird..

heres a pic of a lav rumpless araucana you can see his quills are very light colored all over..not just the primary wing feathers..

araucanablackorplav004.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
That was what I thought. I am happy with a Blue Splash. I have two splashes from Julie.
Pretty cool. I can't wait to see these guys grow out.

Back
Top Bottom