Genetics people I need Help!

I'd be willing to get involved in developing these colors. I haven't seen anything like it in the US, other than internet pictures. Seems like over seas, especially the UK and Australia, has the most unique varieties. On top of that, the colors we find so unique and hard to obtain are common to them and vice versa! I guess the grass is always more colorful on the other side.
tongue.png

We probably could form an orpington eye candy club! I am so jealous of those people in the UK with those incredible orps! Nearly everything you google about them takes you a UK or Netherlands site. I want me some of those orps!

We should try picking a color or possible two and then we could swap eggs/stock once something reasonable popped out... I'd be willing to try if someone else is seriously interested. Maybe purchasing birds from different breeders or even a hatchery or two for the single comb wyandottes to use for crossing.

TheresaH - what's the basis for the jubilee?

Interesting group project. I could try to throw Lorelei, my single combed Silver Laced Wyandotte, in with Suede, my Blue Orp, and see what happened; that is, if he wouldn't run screaming like a girl when she tried to beat him up, LOL. She is in with my Barred Rock rooster, but her eggs have never been fertile with him-he's very laid back and doesn't care for the Wyandotte sisters much anyway. Hmm, maybe I could try that tomorrow. Not sure if I'll be saying poor Lorelei or poor SUEDE, LOL! Here's Miss Lorelei. She's got a comb as floppy as a Leghorn hen.
DCP_5008.jpg

Yeah, I don't know the answer to that one, but this is all I have to work with so maybe I'll just try it. Last time Suede has the opportunity to get hold of one of my older ladies (she was being stubborn and wouldn't go in the pen, so I let Suede and his group out to range anyway), he ran after her, being his normal, oversexed, studly self and when the talons were up in his face, he ran the other direction like a total wimp, LOL. BUT, that was my RIR, Ruby, and she'd scare anybody!

Back
Top Bottom