Genetics people I need Help!

Hi there,
just signed up after I found this thread. I raised the two Jubilees (yes they are both cocks, the dark one was a late developer
wink.png
) pictured on page 6 and bred the Barnevelder X [Barnevelder X Buff Orpington] discussed earlier on in the thread.
But the reason I wanted to post here is that I looked into how Jubilees were re-developed in Germany which may help those interested with their breeding projects. I posted the info at the genetics section of The Coop:
http://www.the-coop.org/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002098;p=2#000027

HTH
chook

Welcome, chook!

Great link. Now tell us how to get a golden-laced orpington? We have to work on that one too! LOL

I love the look of the jubilees. Just gorgeous!

Welcome Chook, That GLO on page one belongs to a lady in Poland. She got him out of Germany who I understand have the top look on GLO>. I have seen a few sites in Enland with GLO. Wish is wasn't so hard to get eggs shipped from abroad. Your Banie is a great looking Cock.

Miss Prissy

If you read back through this thread, you will see how to make a gold laced or silver laced Orp using either a single comb wyandotte or perhaps a laced Cochin, which you have in USA I believe. I think there might be a few people working on it? Or are you keeping your counsel for now?

Quote:
Gold-laced Orpingtons were bred in Germany from Buff and Black Orpingtons and double-laced Barnevelders.
The originals varied a lot in the ground colour (not surprising given the mix of brown e^b from the Barnies and e^wh from the Buffs plus the red diluter Di) and the lacing was often unclear and mossy.
Eventually the standard was set to a cinnamon ground colour and Blacks were crossed in again which apparently much improved the clarity of lacing.

That's all I know (from the German Orpington Club Centenary book).

Single lacing requires Melanotic Ml and the Pattern gene Pg, both coming from the Barnevelder, and Columbia Co, which must have come from the Buff Orpington, on a brown e^b or wheaten e^wh background.

Go for it !

chook

Last edited:
Reserecting this old thread so others can see some pics and info of these AWSOME birds as someone here in the U.S. is working on this officially and has the pics to show her hard work on this project. I just hope we can get some more people out there to take on this project and get it perfected so we can all get some of these truly beautiful birds to add to our backyards as well.

Jayare

For all of those people working on developing the orpington genes I own both bluelaced and gold laced orpingtons you really cant have one with out the other go to my site at bluehenhatchery.com and see them I will be glad to sare my gene pool with people who are willing to contibute to my project as well.

Back
Top Bottom