German New Hampshire

I believe you can bring groceries over the border, at least in smallish quantities. No need for border patrol to know that the couple dozen eggs you have are hatching eggs instead of eating eggs.

I wanted to say I am now a proud owner of some of the German line New Hampshires!!!! I am so EXCITED!!! I purchased them off of Kathy and I need to let folks know that this gal is the ultimate when it comes to dealing with her and the purchase of her stock! The time line of mailing chicks did not happen for her so her son delivered them to me; 217 miles one way! Now how is that for service. WOW, the only service that rivals that is old fashion house calls from your family doctor and horse drawn milk delivery! In other words service you can not find today, at least in this world.

The chicks are all doing well and Kathy threw in 4 more New Hampshires above and beyond my order! I ordered some of her olive eggers as well and she threw in extra olive eggers too. An for warmth, the warm hearted sweet as GOLD Delawares that she is raising. These Delawares are off the charts as far as temperament. They love people. Well all of her stock is VERY friendly.

I truly recommend anyone purchasing from Kathy. She has old fashion honesty and integrity is off the charts. She also cares about the birds. Some of the chicks were a little older and their care is nothing but a reflection of their former owner. The birds were beaming with health. Excellent weights, very friendly and as healthy as can be.

I chose the GERMAN New Hampshire because I was blown away by the COLOR and BEAUTY of the bird. I could not believe my eyes when I was looking at the picture. I called my husband in the room and said look at these chickens they are unbelievable. I thought I was looking at a "true artists" painting and it was a PHOTO!! Well, who needs the painting when the bird is truly more beautiful!

How fortunate I am to have dealt with Kathy and honored that she sold me some of her stock.
Next on my list is hopefully a couple of those beautiful Barred Rocks that she has. Another beautiful stunning bird! Kathy raises some incredible eye candy!! I will not even discuss her Wheatens........WOW!!!

THANK YOU KATHY!! Pictures will be coming soon. And yes, I plan to cull when needed but I will not cull to tone down color. That is what attracted me to the line!!

Excited here in prairie land.............!!!
wee.gif
yesss.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif

Old fashioned customer service -Congratulations!

I'll tell you one thing, it seems to me that the New Hampshire is making a pretty strong come back. At least with the folks on BYC. Lots of folks seem to be getting them and doing a pretty good job with them. They all seem to look pretty nice. They all seem to have a little flaw here or there but who knows, maybe this is the way they were intended to look and the SOP is trying to change them. lol I don't imagine that there are to many of us that don't have some kind of a flaw if we were to be judged by man. ha,ha.
Jim

I wanted to say I am now a proud owner of some of the German line New Hampshires!!!! I am so EXCITED!!! I purchased them off of Kathy and I need to let folks know that this gal is the ultimate when it comes to dealing with her and the purchase of her stock! The time line of mailing chicks did not happen for her so her son delivered them to me; 217 miles one way! Now how is that for service. WOW, the only service that rivals that is old fashion house calls from your family doctor and horse drawn milk delivery! In other words service you can not find today, at least in this world.

The chicks are all doing well and Kathy threw in 4 more New Hampshires above and beyond my order! I ordered some of her olive eggers as well and she threw in extra olive eggers too. An for warmth, the warm hearted sweet as GOLD Delawares that she is raising. These Delawares are off the charts as far as temperament. They love people. Well all of her stock is VERY friendly.

I truly recommend anyone purchasing from Kathy. She has old fashion honesty and integrity is off the charts. She also cares about the birds. Some of the chicks were a little older and their care is nothing but a reflection of their former owner. The birds were beaming with health. Excellent weights, very friendly and as healthy as can be.

I chose the GERMAN New Hampshire because I was blown away by the COLOR and BEAUTY of the bird. I could not believe my eyes when I was looking at the picture. I called my husband in the room and said look at these chickens they are unbelievable. I thought I was looking at a "true artists" painting and it was a PHOTO!! Well, who needs the painting when the bird is truly more beautiful!

How fortunate I am to have dealt with Kathy and honored that she sold me some of her stock.
Next on my list is hopefully a couple of those beautiful Barred Rocks that she has. Another beautiful stunning bird! Kathy raises some incredible eye candy!! I will not even discuss her Wheatens........WOW!!!

THANK YOU KATHY!! Pictures will be coming soon. And yes, I plan to cull when needed but I will not cull to tone down color. That is what attracted me to the line!!

Excited here in prairie land.............!!!
wee.gif
yesss.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif

I could not agree more with this post
thumbsup.gif

They all seem to have a little flaw here or there but who knows, maybe this is the way they were intended to look and the SOP is trying to change them.

There probably is a little something to what you say. New Hampshires were, I believe, originally bred for production, meat and eggs. Those original breeders probably weren't too concerned with tail angle and such. Showing and husbandry don't always involve the same goals.

That was the only reason for the development of the New Hampshire. I guess that is true for a lot of breeds, but to forget what they are supposed to be is a mistake. There are some good looking well bred birds out there. Good looking well bred birds that are productive and useful are a rarity.
My main focus and concern this year, is functional traits and ability. Of course this will not be my only concern, but it will be my main concern. I want my New Hampshires to perform like New Hampshires, not just look like them. Who wants a Leghorn that does not lay well?

That was the only reason for the development of the New Hampshire. I guess that is true for a lot of breeds, but to forget what they are supposed to be is a mistake. There are some good looking well bred birds out there. Good looking well bred birds that are productive and useful are a rarity.
My main focus and concern this year, is functional traits and ability. Of course this will not be my only concern, but it will be my main concern. I want my New Hampshires to perform like New Hampshires, not just look like them. Who wants a Leghorn that does not lay well?

I like the way you put this gjensen and that is about how I feel also. These are beautiful birds and one can only hope that any that are working with them try to keep them as nice or nicer then the originals. Mine are all young but the oldest ones are looking pretty dern good. I am really wanting to see them all grown up and then start picking out my best cockerels and pullets to keep for breeders. I don't show but I sure to want to keep birds that do their job and it is nice to have the pretty, well conformed birds to go with that. lol I'm sure not planning on culling at a young age unless it is something very much off the norm. Jim

Back
Top Bottom