German Shepherd Shot

Quote:
LOL, looks like the law is on your side! Smart move, sir.
wink.png

The local police chief got tired of dealing with my calls about the neighbor's dogs eating my chickens. He told me I should save everyone a lot of trouble and just get a gun!

Fc your wife did the right thing.

Most people who let their dogs run loose do not realize that there are consiquinces, both financial and penal.

Here in Texas a dog can be shot if it tries to kill live stock or attacks a person. If it does damage, the financial end can be big.
Case in point, a neighbor of our's had a german shepard that he let rome loose. The dog was friendly and showed no signs of stock running.

One day the dog decided to give a rancher's bull down the road a hard time. The short end of the story, the bull could no longer produce and the dog got horned. Rancher took the dog's owner to court and the judge awarded damages. Both the cost of the bull and the possible future earnings from sale of it's seaman. The dog owner was forced to pay 10 grand for the bull and they settled on 500 grand for possible future earnings based on the bull's sire.

Another dog that was running loose here kill an elderly woman. That owner is still serving prison time in huntsville.

You can bring this up at your next watch meeting and maybenhave a police officer address the problem along with out lining the consiquinces for the owner and their dog.

You do what you have to do to protect your flock. Not sure if someone else brought this up or not, but, if your going to shoot something, shoot to kill, not to maim then kill.

Back
Top Bottom