Getting less and paying more.

Quote:
It is funny everything is shrinking .............EXCEPT ME!!!
roll.png

I agree!
lol.png
I never seem to shrink when I need to but did lose some lbs when we are eating back to the old fashioned way.

Shampoos and soap bars are getting smaller but not that small. A bar of Ivory soap used to cost less than a dollar a piece and now its $1.25 and I swore the bar has shrunk a bit. Not as heavy like it used to be.

Same for veggie plants at the local farmers market. I used to get six plants for 99 cents and now its ONE plant for 99 cents. So much for quantity for less.

we get ivory soap for 4 bars for a dollar here!

Quote:
The fruit trees in our yard are really young/small. The cherry tree had already done it's thing by the time we moved in last year and the pear tree managed *one* pear..which fell off and started to rot before I could get to it.
hmm.png
A friend, who was *helping* us take down some unhealthy trees dropped one in the wrong direction..landing it on the dog pen and taking the top off of my pear tree.
ep.gif
It lived, but it doesn't seem to be doing much fruit-wise.
sad.png

We try to shop locally as much as possible, whether it's for gifts or groceries, and we like to hit our local restaurants instead of chains, too. Sometimes it's cheaper, sometimes it's a few dollars more..but either way, I'd rather keep my friends and neighbors in business than Applebees.

There is one example when the ole' switcheroo didn't work: they reduced the number of Tampons in the box, kept the price the same - women noticed right away and pitched a major fit! They had to undoo that switcheroo
wink.png
Sometimes the business does hear the consumer (only it's one out of a zillion!)

Its so funny! It is almost asking if the bra cups have shrunk in size!
gig.gif

Went to the store today and about fell out of my chair when I saw some deli meat going at 8.99 a LB!!! I am used to paying about 4.99 for Sara Lee turkey and now that price!

Now the eggs has gone down in price for a doz $.98!!!! My eggs, priceless!

Quote:
some of the stores around here only have boars heads and that is over 10.00 a pound. outrageous. i came make enchiladas or chili or numerous other things cheaper than eating a sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom