Getting my chickens to use my coop.

Pics

ltaylor53

Chirping
Sep 1, 2019
It's starting to get cold outside and I can't get my chickens to use my coop. I literally moving them from the roost outside to the inside coop each night and locking them in. Help? Do I need to take away their roost, that is there where they are hanging out, it starting to get near freezing. This is my first winter with chickens, so I'm getting a little anxious about this, I'm stressing my husband out.

any help.

It's starting to get cold outside and I can't get my chickens to use my coop. I literally moving them from the roost outside to the inside coop each night and locking them in. Help? Do I need to take away their roost, that is there where they are hanging out, it starting to get near freezing. This is my first winter with chickens, so I'm getting a little anxious about this, I'm stressing my husband out.

any help.
Can you please post pictures of your coop and run and provide the square footage of each?

It has a roost and 3 nesting boxes. There is a window on the would considered the south side above the nesting boxes.
It does not look like 45"x45". It looks smaller. And if the nest boxes take up the majority of the south wall, that's about all they can use the coop for, laying eggs. It's just too small and lacks ventilation.

Back
Top Bottom