Getting rid of birds, adding others.

View attachment 3689074
This is not the best picture as the (White) he/her is lower on a hill so looks small, but he/her (I think he) is much bigger than the other geese, taller that is. The geese didn't accept him as easily as they've accepted other geese I've added. He's got that upright posture so I'm thinking Gander. He hates the two runners! He's so confused by them when they get up on him. But he's learning they aren't a threat from the other geese. I guess I'll have to wait until mating season to know if he's male for sure? He's really white, so naturally, I named him Big red 😂
My gander, Lorenzo is definitely my favorite. Veronica is not aggressive but not as engaging, either. Been that way since goslings and Lorenzo definitely got cuddled more! If I’m out doing any chores at all, they have to “help” ie chew. They can detect grapes and cat treats a mile away, even from sus people like my mom who petsits. I’m still waiting for the day they intercept the Amazon guy 🏃🏼💨
Pilgrims are auto sexing, which is very convenient, I tried to find a pic comparing them both sizewise…here they are chasing my cat, you can see who the ringleader is 😆

Attachments

• IMG_5452.jpeg
    IMG_5452.jpeg
    411.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6014.jpeg
    IMG_6014.jpeg
    461.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6142.jpeg
    IMG_6142.jpeg
    625.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6393.jpeg
    IMG_6393.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 4
My maybe Gander is still being bossed by the girls if he gets too close, though now he's getting pretty close to them. I've had him for a week, I guess I'll see if he starts getting in between myself and the girls right?

My maybe Gander is still being bossed by the girls if he gets too close, though now he's getting pretty close to them. I've had him for a week, I guess I'll see if he starts getting in between myself and the girls right?
What breed of goose is it? Are you positive it’s a gander? Usually introducing adults to an existing flock = bottom of the pecking order. My gander has always been more gregarious than the goose or the ducks and they’ve all been raised identically.
Maybe you can try voice sexing. Also keep water in the pool and see if you see any behaviors, although breeding probably won’t be for a couple months for spring eggs.

What breed of goose is it? Are you positive it’s a gander? Usually introducing adults to an existing flock = bottom of the pecking order. My gander has always been more gregarious than the goose or the ducks and they’ve all been raised identically.
Maybe you can try voice sexing. Also keep water in the pool and see if you see any behaviors, although breeding probably won’t be for a couple months for spring eggs.
It's an embed. I'm not positive he's a gander. He's just taller and more upright standing.

My gander, Lorenzo is definitely my favorite. Veronica is not aggressive but not as engaging, either. Been that way since goslings and Lorenzo definitely got cuddled more! If I’m out doing any chores at all, they have to “help” ie chew. They can detect grapes and cat treats a mile away, even from sus people like my mom who petsits. I’m still waiting for the day they intercept the Amazon guy 🏃🏼💨
Pilgrims are auto sexing, which is very convenient, I tried to find a pic comparing them both sizewise…here they are chasing my cat, you can see who the ringleader is 😆
Love the trick or treaters!

Back
Top Bottom