Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Does this mean that the adoption is complete and Mrs Oz can stay home now? I remember something about her having to live in a certain place for the adoption.
we are just waiting on the judges ruling.

then its waiting for the Phils to record the ruling and for the USA to issue passports.

Maybe by April they can all come here

I love the voluptuous hula gal, btw.

That looks like some of my mother's packing, only she used to do it on a bicycle (leave it up to Dutch folks to move house on the back of a bike!). Glad it all worked out rather smoothly, considering the circumstances.

Actually this trip i am sealing up a room that is 12x4 that will be just the incubation room. I plan to run a dehumidifier to keep the room at 65% humidity, Trying to control the humudity just in the bator is futile.

The incubators are fine tuned and working well.

I thought you talking about controlling the temperature not the humidity. Like if it takes you several days to get enough to fill a bator it would hold the eggs at 60˚F until you had enough to fill an incubator. Of course come to think of it you are talking about a lot of chickens so it might not take long at all.

I thought you talking about controlling the temperature not the humidity. Like if it takes you several days to get enough to fill a bator it would hold the eggs at 60˚F until you had enough to fill an incubator. Of course come to think of it you are talking about a lot of chickens so it might not take long at all.
i have given up trying to store eggs at 60F
we just set every 5 days when in incubation mode.

Hi Oz,

Hope your family is safe and well, as well as your flock! Been off grid for awhile but just wanted to drop in and say hi.

Heather
Hi HFR

My family is great. The kids slid back into their swimming lessons yesterday. The unpacking will take a while as there is no rush. The nannies are having a few days off after the long treck.

I presume you have things you are dealing with.

Know that I am here if you need anything my friend.

we are just waiting on the judges ruling.

then its waiting for the Phils to record the ruling and for the USA to issue passports.

Maybe by April they can all come here
That's wonderful! So glad things are all right and not too much lost for you and yours. Very sad the death and destruction every where. Some Filipino friends here are saying the government there is very corrupt and that much aid and money is not getting where it needs to be. They are sending a family member over to Manilla to get supplies and take them to their family in an area that was hit hard.

That's wonderful! So glad things are all right and not too much lost for you and yours. Very sad the death and destruction every where. Some Filipino friends here are saying the government there is very corrupt and that much aid and money is not getting where it needs to be. They are sending a family member over to Manilla to get supplies and take them to their family in an area that was hit hard.

I think your friends are wrong and comments like theirs are as detrimental for the plea for aid as the corrupt politicians.

There certainly are problems with corruption within the Philippine government but sending money through NGO like Red Cross or UNICEF is not going to line people's pockets. There are countless organizations doing incredible work to help those 2 million that have lost their homes, have no clean water and no food.

I have to restrain from getting on my soapbox here.

Last edited:
all is well in new hampshire OZ
glad to hear that Mrs OZ is back home again
my inlaws are are well
their house pulled through fine
my farther inlaw did loose 30,000 pesos worth of fish traps
they were in about 400 feet of water & when the storm came through the blue barrels that had been used as markers got washed away
i hope he put aside some of the profit from them so he can build replacements

Marily is back working but is still on lite duty till the 22nd

no snow yet here but it is getting cooler

piglett

Back
Top Bottom