Ghost barring project

Most popular characteristic will make it into the final “breed”!

• Feathered feet

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Five toes

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Bantam size

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Gray skin

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Beard

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Crest

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Extra long tail

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Unusual egg color

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Speckled eggs

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve made a slight adjustment to my breeding plan, noodles and all barred hens are going to be excluded until I can get a ghost barred hen to breed with noodles. After that, if they breed true, I will continue to breed until I get a couple more hens and continue from there onto the poll results. This might take longer than I thought so poll results may not be strided towards for 6-12 months later than I intended.

When I have hatching eggs available I’ll post about it in this thread
Yeah… but I have too many chickens right now and haven’t even hatched my own eggs yet, so I think before I go buy fancy eggs I should hatch my own for a while. Who knows, maybe I’ll end up with a beautiful mix chick! I might start a polkie or EE silkie project next year. 🤷‍♀️ Good luck with your project. Hope you are successful.

Yeah… but I have too many chickens right now and haven’t even hatched my own eggs yet, so I think before I go buy fancy eggs I should hatch my own for a while. Who knows, maybe I’ll end up with a beautiful mix chick! I might start a polkie or EE silkie project next year. 🤷‍♀️ Good luck with your project. Hope you are successful.
Idk if my eggs would count as fancy. For the most part they are glorified mixes, with some purpose thrown in.

Cool project! I like the idea for long tails because some people use long ghost barred feathers for fly tying. I’m boring, I would crown it with a single comb (the easiest option.) Grey skin would certainly be interesting though I didn’t vote for it. Now it’s growing on me.
I like the idea of white earlobes, though those are really hard to acheive. Or turquoise ones if you went the fibromelanistic direction.

Cool project! I like the idea for long tails because some people use long ghost barred feathers for fly tying. I’m boring, I would crown it with a single comb (the easiest option.) Grey skin would certainly be interesting though I didn’t vote for it. Now it’s growing on me.
I like the idea of white earlobes, though those are really hard to acheive. Or turquoise ones if you went the fibromelanistic direction.
Really the poll is just to get an idea of what would be popular and a main objective. If it comes with a couple extra traits, I probably won’t aim to eliminate those traits unless they are harmful to the chickens (like the rumpless gene in aracanas)

Back
Top Bottom