Giant Brahma

Cookies

Hatching
Mar 2, 2017
Hello I live in Northeast Tennessee and I am trying to find Giant Brahma chickens. We have 50 various breeds and want to add these to our stock. Does anyone know where I can get some. I was told southern states had them but when I called they didn't. Ieven called the one in Asheville North Carolina. Thank you for your help:)

Hello I live in Northeast Tennessee and I am trying to find Giant Brahma chickens. We have 50 various breeds and want to add these to our stock. Does anyone know where I can get some. I was told southern states had them but when I called they didn't. Ieven called the one in Asheville North Carolina. Thank you for your help:)

If you want very large ones your best bet is a breeder. From what I understand the hatchery ones will not be as big, and southern states gets their chicks from hatcheries anyway.

i got mine locally they were my first chickens i thought it would be a good multipurpose breed but they arent my favorites for one the roosters are so heavy they are hard on the females without trying to be and the roosters that arent as nice are VERY rough on the ladys and do not hesitate to show you whos boss so arent the best breed if you already have smaller chickens or if you have trouble training a roudy rooster(ive been attacked by them but never hurt) however they are very protective of all flock mates(even my rabbits) and are very intimidating to predators! predators are afraid of large brahmas ive had hawks swoop down and the roosters will heard the ladys inside and then stand outside and crow until they leave ive even seen them fight hawks that have swooped down on them or another hen and wouldnt put it past them to fight anythingXP

this is just my experience

Thank you peaceisgreen. I appreciate all the information you have given me. I finally found 2 hen chicks . I am anxious to see them grow and hopefully I will find a male soon.
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom