How to get a pair of homing pigeons back?

Budgie Dad

Chirping
Dec 25, 2023
Hello, I'm Budgie Dad and I'm a teenager from VT, USA. My neighbor called me yesterday to tell me there was an abandoned pigeon coop with 2 homing pigeons on one of her landlord's properties. The person who lived on the property built a coop and had homing pigeons. When they left, they abandoned the coop. They didn't notify anyone or leave any food and water. They were last seen yesterday morning, cooing in the coop. I went and leaned the coop today, and we put out some food and water. They didn't seem to be within 50 feet of the coop. We are very worried about them. Any advice is welcome, thanks.

Hello, I'm Budgie Dad and I'm a teenager from VT, USA. My neighbor called me yesterday to tell me there was an abandoned pigeon coop with 2 homing pigeons on one of her landlord's properties. The person who lived on the property built a coop and had homing pigeons. When they left, they abandoned the coop. They didn't notify anyone or leave any food and water. They were last seen yesterday morning, cooing in the coop. I went and leaned the coop today, and we put out some food and water. They didn't seem to be within 50 feet of the coop. We are very worried about them. Any advice is welcome, thanks.

I don't know specifically about pigeons, but I would check back at intervals, because they might come back later. It is common for any kind of animal to keep coming back to a place where they used to get food, to see if there is food again. Since you did put out food and water, if the pigeons come back, that can help encourage them to keep coming back.

If you cleaned the coop, they might need to think a bit more before going back in, because it seems a bit different than it did before. Food and water is usually a good motivator :)

Back
Top Bottom