Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Pics
I have silkies from a breeder here in SD and lt brahmas in my incubator now. Hatching around April 1st. :fl Do you think it would work to keep them together as they grow, separating out males later as needed to keep from damage happening to little girls?
I don't think separation is necessary, unless you really think it really needs to be done.

We have seramas and serama crossed with banties.. a small silkie that is the size of a serama .. and have a small silkie mix that looks like maybe a half frizzle.. not sure as they just tiny yet.. and I have 2 more hatching that are silkie/serama x
Awesome. My sister would just love what you're doing.

Seramas are very cute.

I don't think separation is necessary, unless you really think it really needs to be done.
Thanks! Yeah, last year they were all more or less the same size and I think these silkies are not "giant sized," so I was wondering. I did have to pull some of the cockerels last fall as they matured because they were getting way too rough on the girls. :rant

Thanks! Yeah, last year they were all more or less the same size and I think these silkies are not "giant sized," so I was wondering. I did have to pull some of the cockerels last fall as they matured because they were getting way too rough on the girls. :rant
You're welcome.
Removing any that misbehaves is good.

Back
Top Bottom