Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
You take the biggest of the Bantam Show Girls, breed to LF Silkie, & breed the largest of the offspring together, then breed the largest of those(With Naked Necks) Back to the LF Silkie parent.
I'd think it's much simpler than that since it's just a matter of size and a mendelian trait, you could just breed a showgirl to an LF silkie, and keep breeding back to LF silkie using only the bowtie offspring until you get the desired size, then breed some of the bowtie showgirls together for fully naked necks.

And I'd definitely say use showgirls instead of a naked neck if you do, even bantams if you have to. A naked neck could bring in a lot of unwanted traits that you'd have to breed out over the generations, whereas that exact thing has already been done in showgirls and you only need to worry about two traits instead of many more.

I'd think it's much simpler than that since it's just a matter of size and a mendelian trait, you could just breed a showgirl to an LF silkie, and keep breeding back to LF silkie using only the bowtie offspring until you get the desired size, then breed some of the bowtie showgirls together for fully naked necks.

And I'd definitely say use showgirls instead of a naked neck if you do, even bantams if you have to. A naked neck could bring in a lot of unwanted traits that you'd have to breed out over the generations, whereas that exact thing has already been done in showgirls and you only need to worry about two traits instead of many more.
I'd still have to cull any offspring that are too small for the breedings.

This is the fastest way to get to a LF Showgirl

Back
Top Bottom