Ginseng fruit

Chickena

Chirping
Apr 14, 2020
I’ve already tried looking it up on google but can not find where it tells me if my chickens can eat ginseng fruit. So, I have come here to ask, Can chickens eat ginseng fruit?

Most of the interest in ginseng is about producing roots. Perhaps that's why you can't find any info on the berries. I really think there would be no problem for the chickens to eat them. Unless you have a big ginseng farm, I can't imagine there being enough berries available to be a problem.
I have a lot of poke weed growing around here. All parts of the plant are poisonous except the very first shoots. The berries aren't as poisonous as the root but they can cause death in humans and all mammals. I believe birds are less affected and I've seen chickens eat them but I don't think they get enough to cause a problem.
With toxic plants, foraging chickens don't tend to gorge on them and only take a bite occasionally.
All things in moderation.

Most of the interest in ginseng is about producing roots. Perhaps that's why you can't find any info on the berries. I really think there would be no problem for the chickens to eat them. Unless you have a big ginseng farm, I can't imagine there being enough berries available to be a problem.
I have a lot of poke weed growing around here. All parts of the plant are poisonous except the very first shoots. The berries aren't as poisonous as the root but they can cause death in humans and all mammals. I believe birds are less affected and I've seen chickens eat them but I don't think they get enough to cause a problem.
With toxic plants, foraging chickens don't tend to gorge on them and only take a bite occasionally.
All things in moderation.
I’m actually not talking about the berries, I’m pretty sure there are more then one kind! I have provided a photo to show you what I’m talking about haha.

Attachments

• 71171B46-788A-497D-88CB-07635430FC36.jpeg
    71171B46-788A-497D-88CB-07635430FC36.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1
I've never seen those. Perhaps why I didn't fully understand the term ginseng fruit.
Surely a different species than what I'm familiar with.

Back
Top Bottom