Girl or boy? Quacking now rasping.

One of mine is doing the same. I ordered all females (supposedly Swedish) and was hopeful when I heard early quacking, but now only 2 quack and the third one doesn’t. These are my first ducks and they aren’t really noisy, so I hope I’m wrong. Are there any other characteristics that define what sex they are? I noticed the one I suspect has wider jowls than the other two as well as the iridescent green on his/her head which I thought was a male characteristic.

One of mine is doing the same. I ordered all females (supposedly Swedish) and was hopeful when I heard early quacking, but now only 2 quack and the third one doesn’t. These are my first ducks and they aren’t really noisy, so I hope I’m wrong. Are there any other characteristics that define what sex they are? I noticed the one I suspect has wider jowls than the other two as well as the iridescent green on his/her head which I thought was a male characteristic.
You’ll just need to wait until that drake feather appears or doesn’t if you’re lucky.

Back
Top Bottom