Girls only.....no boys...yet!

Is the blue sheen because they are supposed to be Silver Penciled Black Wyandottes? Or a characteristic of a roo? Any thoughts?

Yes, I think it is probably because they are silver penciled black wyandottes. I don't know whether it indicates that they are roos, though. I am not experienced in chickens.
Here is a link to pictures of many different types of Wyandottes. http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Wyand/BRKWyand.html
I
looked and found black wyandottes and silver penciled wyandottes, and both had a bluish sheen, if that helps.
smile.png

Quote:
If mine look like your RIR, the consensus is mine are boys! Hope yours aren't too!
ep.gif

Anyone need any Roos? If so, Let me know!

I'm new to chickens and I just don't know what to do. Get rid of them now or what to see what happens with the RIRs? I think I have 2 people that want the Black roos. I'm so upset...I guess I get attached to my animals too easily.
sad.png

Here is a post of their tail feathers. I've seen lots of pics with big waddles and combs on RIRs so I'm not ruling them out as girls yet, but from these pics, would you still say boys?

100900_chicks7-11a_029.jpg

100900_chicks7-11a_036.jpg

....I don't see any hackle or saddle feathers on them...and they are older than mine...their waddles and combs are larger, ugh....
don't know what to tell you, I would think by now, they would have male feathering...I am going with girls....you will know for certain
in the next couple weeks...if they were roos, they will be if not already crowing, and if pullets, they lay between 20-24 for a RIR.

So I vote GIRLS ( I take back my earlier vote!)
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom