Hi @New duck mommy 2021,

Thanks for the detailed update. The chicken is still laying an egg every other day, which is more than what can be said for the other seven hens right now.

What is the dosing & how long is the course for the antibiotic?
If you could please post as soon as you know if the antibiotic has either begun to help or not.
What are you using as a probiotic?

There is definately something happening with this chicken that i can't seem to figure out. The gleet/discharge is still there. It is starting to be like cement again whereas for a few days it seemed to be a white mucus.

I'll posting a pic from last night. I finally got a better shot of her belly, the skin looks blistered! Like a massive cold sore?! I didn't see the blistering with my naked eye, so I am wondering if that is somehow from the camera/lighting. I'll have to enlist the help of someone to hold her upside down so I can see her underside better. Her skin has been red all along, some days more so than others. Except for right under the vent where the gleet oozes.

The Miconazole doesn't seem to be affecting anything.

If I may ask a personal question, and you can simply say "Nunya".... I'm wondering about how much has your vet bill been for your duck and this issue?

I've been getting cuddles all along, especially when blow drying her and when I orally dose her with the Miconazole. I've even got a few coos.

Thanks so much for posting and updating.

Edited: I added the wrong pic. The second pic shows what looks like blisters.

Hi @Wyorp Rock & @azygous,

Do you folks have any other suggestions? Thanks
My duck weighs 2.1-2.3 kg
She is on 1 ml every 12 hours for 10 days time
She has only had 3 doses now I’m not seeing huge changes yet but usually takes 48-72 hours to see improvements
My vet bill is high
But had I seen the avian vet first I would be less
Avian vet to have X-rays , blood work and stool samples done my bill was 750.00
My vet I have spent over 600

This medication works on parasite’s as well so if the bird has that it would cure it

Question. How do you give the miconazol?... in their water or their food and how much. My 3 mos old cockerel has been lethargic for 2-3 days. Have to try something. First time chicken mom
Mine is oral with a syringe
My duck takes her meds very well though
Mine is on it for bacterial infection in the intestine
I can’t say for sure this med would work on another bird unless they had something the meds can cure

I forgot to answer the probiotic
I use 1/2 tsp over a few peas
This is the one I have
It lists birds on it and go by weight
I got mine off Amazon not sure where else one could grab it but my pet stores only Carried cat or dog ones

Attachments

• 811A08A8-729A-424F-895C-9CA65C6CC448.png
    811A08A8-729A-424F-895C-9CA65C6CC448.png
    743.1 KB · Views: 3
Good evening
Today we are finally seeing improvement
She is no longer pumping
Her parts aren’t pushing out while laying the egg or having a poo
The vent isn’t feeling glued
I did stop the silver spray yesterday as I feel it was drying her out and causing the wet feather as she would preen her vent where the spray was then her feathers
No blood streaks on her egg today
She will see my local vet tomorrow for a checkup and ti make sure things are going good with the meds
I’ll update the vets observation

I’m dealing with this now. I bathe and give miconazole on vent. Took her to the vet yesterday and they did a bunch of tests. Said she has a bacterial infection and put her on Clavamox. I was told to keep probiotics in the water and to continue the cream.

I hate this.

Back
Top Bottom