Glinda goose can’t stand up suddenlyI found a recipe for probiotics online and I’ve been feeding her

Right leg looks pretty normal.
glinda goose_1.png

Her left leg looks swollen and purple.
glinda goose_2.png

Last edited:
Chicken feed won’t poison geese mine eat it all the time. Unless moldy. Any way you can make steps or ramp to help her get in an out especially while she’s struggling. I’d examine her closely again feet legs and see if anything is out of norm. And post another picture please.

Thanks Miss Lydia. There are new pics above a few posts. If Glinda holds on a few weeks I’ll get her to the vet.

I just wanted to give everybody an update, we splinted her hurt leg. I noticed that it was red and cold a few hours after we did that, so this morning I took off the splint. She is still eating, and I will re-splinted her leg later and maybe make it much looser. I can’t thank you all enough for giving me some hope!

Hi everyone
Thank you all for the helpful comments and advice. I am a better Mother Goose as a result. My rescue white buff, Glinda, was gone (dead) this morning. I’d be lying if I didn’t say it was a relief for everyone but her and her husband, Suwannee. I have no clue what got her, she took a downturn yesterday and didn’t want to eat.

anyone have any advice on having a single white male goose alone? He has already been honking for Glinda, I tried to show him what happened and he saw us bury her. Will he get mean? There is a bird sanctuary near me and they might wind up with Suwannee, I’m just not sure. Thanks again everyone

Back
Top Bottom