Do you have goats?

• Total voters
Pics
My goat owning friends say to check his temp and FAMACHA, try the electrolytes (it's sweet, so it encourages drinking), and maybe give vitamin b complex. They suggest doing it subq. They suggest around 6 cc’s per 100 lbs of body weight.

And maybe have a fecal done (this is my suggestion - just in case).

I know you can tube feed goats, but I can't imagine he'd go for that. And he's not at that point, anyway. I know hydration is super important for rumination. You might try the electrolytes if his lack of appetite has been going on for a while.

Good rumens sound like tummies sound when digesting - lots of movement, lots of growling sounds. He may not have a happy tummy after the foamy bloating.

Grass/hay is good for this, but only if he'll eat it.

Lemme see what else I can find out.
Today is the first day since he's been here that he's had a lack of appetite, he's usually a bully and eats everything he can get ahold of lol. I did notice 2 days ago he wasn't hardly going to the other field to graze but he definitely did yesterday.

Thank you

Today is the first day since he's been here that he's had a lack of appetite, he's usually a bully and eats everything he can get ahold of lol. I did notice 2 days ago he wasn't hardly going to the other field to graze but he definitely did yesterday.

Thank you
Is it possible he ate something bad in the field?

We just got two Nigerian Dwarf goats!!
7 months old sisters! We won’t breed them for about a year. Just learning about goats.
AFB3FD4C-0D03-42E3-AA7A-916609BA4556.jpeg

Maybe it's a wait and see situation, then. I just know sick goats go down FAST. Keep a close eye on him. Do you have a vet?
An extremely busy country vet, it being hunting season he's not as available as normal. I'm definitely watching him. Average age for large myotonics is 10-12, I'm prepared for all the possibilities

Back
Top Bottom