Do you have goats?

• Total voters
Pics
I will be waiting for updates!
This is my first time actually kidding goats. I owned goats about 15 yrs ago, then had a dry spell, and then "adopted" 2 Nigerian Dwarf goats (1 buck, 1 doe) 3 years ago when their owner passed away. The doe has never kidded while I've owned her. Not sure why.... I'm assuming she is either too old or too fat. I don't know the age of either goat but both are rather obese. I purchased our new goat late last year. A 1 yr old doe. I'm assuming our buck has impregnated her because she is getting really big and round. I need to get a separate pen set up so she can have some peace and quiet to give birth and bond with the baby....

Btw, this site has become my lifeline in this process....

https://fiascofarm.com/goats/kidding.htm

ETA - Since I don't know the date my little doe got pregnant, I calculated 145 days from the day I brought her home. Provided she wasn't pregnant when I bought her (they assured me she wasn't bred yet), that would put the earliest likely birthing date as May 5th. So I'm guessing that she could be due any time between May 5th and the first week of June.... That's my best estimate.

Last edited:
My first kids of 2023 have finally arrived. Two handsome little boys.
silverboys3.jpg
silverboy1.jpg
silverboy2.jpg

It looks like our girls might be pregnant! Bonnie let me practice milk her and she was fine with it! She's been hanging out with her boyfriend Caspien and they are sooo cute together! I can't wait to see her kids! Bonnie is in heat, Willow is not. She stares at them like they're crazy. When Bonnie is in heat she screams like a dying man! :lau:gig

Back
Top Bottom