Do you have goats?

• Total voters
Pics
I’m a goat newbie, but one of our does gave birth to our first ever kids around 1:20 this afternoon. The first kid was some type of breach I believe since only the head began to come out and there were no feet in sight. I watched over camera as we drove home quickly and I jumped out of the car and ran into the barn in church clothes, gloved up and gently slid my hands inside to try to pull those feet forward. She was pushing so hard and I’m a newbie so when I stepped back for a break for a moment, I was shocked when she laid down and just pushed him out all the same. But I was so happy as well. A little sister followed just after. They are now dry and fluffy and suckling happily with mama. I’m very happy that Ruby is such a good mom, we were concerned since where she was before she was never able to keep her babies or nurse them. But her instinct kicked in and she’s a great mama to her beautiful little girl and boy.
Great job! It's scary when there are issues and you have to assist. Glad it all went well and the little family is doing well. ❤️

We had another little girl. This one is Nigerian dwarf crossed with a fainting goat. Mamma didn't know what to do so she's a bottle baby

Attachments

• 20230327_220830.jpg
    20230327_220830.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom