Goats? Territorial?

If you don't have a fence you're likely to get a call they've managed to run miles away and you never noticed they were gone.

I had a "free range" goat a few years back. He followed someones car home one day, seven miles down the road! He stayed there for a few months before he disappeared again only to be found across the highway fenced in with someones lambs. He's lived happily there for a year now, and still comes running when I call him over. He was sort of adopted by everyone within ten miles of my house. But they all know who he really belongs to, its funny. Next time I'm putting them in a fence.

They generally know where home is, but they do enjoy travelling around quite abit during the day. Your neighbors may not be happy if they find them in their gardens or in their yards eating on their favorite flowers. I've let mine free range at times, I have a few right now that keep getting out of my temporary yard fence, the only neighbor I really need to worry about right now is my sister, and so far they've stayed away from her place.

Back
Top Bottom