Going insane waiting to find out genders

EvansMeXo

Songster
May 20, 2017
Nova Scotia
I'm totally going insane waiting to find out the genders of my chicks!! Their now 3-4 weeks and 1-2 weeks. It's my first time with chicks and I'm Constatly checking my silkies pouf trying to figure out if it's round or has streamers, im also always examining my easter egger pea comb trying to figure out if it's one row or three and if it's growing! I'm going batty and I'm not sure if I'll survive until their actually old enough to figure out the gender!! I'm sure lots of you are going thru the same thing I've attached some photos of poor hawks most recent photo shoot, feel free to show off yours too

Attachments

• IMG_2245.JPG
    IMG_2245.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2247.JPG
    IMG_2247.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2249.JPG
    IMG_2249.JPG
    318 KB · Views: 11
:thumbsup It's funny, really; My current chicks are fourteen days old today, and I'm trying daily to sort them out! If you want birds that can be sexed early, get an autosexing breed, or Faoumis, or Belgian d"Uccles. All the rest just take longer! It's part of the fun of raising chicks. Mary

Lol, my old English game bantam was confusing me last week, but now I can tell that Lil Chipmunk is probably a rooster. :) Here's some before and after pics:
IMG_20170524_144646625.jpg
This one (below pic) is from today, Lil Chipmunk's comb is red and he's 5 weeks old, so I know he's probably a cockerel. :)
IMG_20170530_161030110.jpg

:thumbsup It's funny, really; My current chicks are fourteen days old today, and I'm trying daily to sort them out! If you want birds that can be sexed early, get an autosexing breed, or Faoumis, or Belgian d"Uccles. All the rest just take longer! It's part of the fun of raising chicks. Mary

I have two auto sexed females coming soon! Cream crested Legbars, one hatched the other night still waiting for another to hatch.. I would have gotten the sexlinked ones but I'm trying to get a bunch of different ones so I have a rainbow of eggs to collect :)

Lol, my old English game bantam was confusing me last week, but now I can tell that Lil Chipmunk is probably a rooster. :) Here's some before and after pics:
View attachment 1025277 This one (below pic) is from today, Lil Chipmunk's comb is red and he's 5 weeks old, so I know he's probably a cockerel. :)View attachment 1025279

I'm really hoping she's a hen, she's the only one I have that will lay green eggs, but I'm starting to think a rooster won't be that bad, then atleast I know for sure. He's a handsome guy!

Back
Top Bottom