gold laced silkies?(UPDATED PICS PG4+9, plus pics of new 2nd hatch ??)

Quote:
OMG -
ep.gif

They're so cute! Just think of a Silkied Polish ..
love.gif

I know I so cant wait to see what they feather out like... in your opinion would you say they are silkie x polish as I am new to these breeds
big_smile.png

Edited to add... meaning do the chicks look anything like either one when they are chicks lol

Last edited:
Hello everyone I thought it was about time I added an updated pic of the goldlaced silkie chick (but as we all know they are not silkies lol )

It is 5 weeks old now and growing fast.. still not sure of the sex..

61403_chicks_2nd_lot_of_pics_019.jpg

61403_chicks_2nd_lot_of_pics_029.jpg

61403_chicks_2nd_lot_of_pics_018.jpg

And here is some updated pictures of the new polish chicks I hatched (which turned out to be 6 polish x silkie and 1 pure polish)
I have a feeling all the polish x and pure polish are frizzle due to their feathers sticking out, what does everyone else think?? smooth or frizzle??

61403_chicks_2nd_lot_of_pics_006.jpg

61403_chicks_2nd_lot_of_pics_005.jpg

61403_chicks_2nd_lot_of_pics_004.jpg

Last edited:
wow whats the chances of all 7 chicks being frizzles?? I thought I had a chance of 1 or 2 not all 7
big_smile.png

The silkie x ? a pullet
ya.gif
I am just waiting on the other 2 supposedly silkies to feather out, they have a few wing feathers but thats about it at the minute, im not holding out much hope for these being pure.. as for one thing one has 5 toes on one foot and 4 on the other and the 2nd chick has 4 toes on both feet, so its not a great start, these new chicks could be the same as my 5 week old, will see how they all turn out to whether I keep them or not.

Thanks everyone for everything, will add more pictures in a few weeks time
smile.png

Hello everyone, sorry I have not updated in a while, loads has been going on... Here is an updated pic of the goldlaced silkie x she is lovely, great temperament.. She is 8 wks old now. Sadly the chick with the cross beak died
hit.gif

61403_poultry_039.jpg

61403_poultry_040.jpg

As you can see in the picture the little polish x silkie frizzles are doing great, 2 sadly died
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom