Gold Silkies?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Teresaann24, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Anyone have gold silkies? Is this color even recognized? I knew they was many colors some not recognized but since I have joined BYC I have never heard any mention of gold silkies.

I watched a video on youtube of a flock of gold silkies (Well thats what they called them they looked red to me).

Here is the video

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    They look like dark buff/red silkies to me. I've never heard of a gold silkie before....

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    They are buffs.

4. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Thats what I thought I knew the color looked buff or red.

5. junebug7334

junebug7334 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    are they nice? in terms of personality?

6. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Silkies in general have a very sweet personality. I have a couple that follow me around and are underfoot all the time, just waiting to be picked up and cuddled. They are my 'Lap Silkies'. [​IMG]

Lisa [​IMG]

7. NCchickenlady

NCchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    raleigh
    Quote:They are love bugs. I just picked up two from Silkieluver Sunday and the red one is stand offish but warming up, the Partridge is a total love!!! she follows me and eats out of my hand. I have 6 silkies and I have one that's not so lovey, she's a blue... I always wondered if one color or another had more health issues or personality issues. Anyone know?

8. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:They are love bugs. I just picked up two from Silkieluver Sunday and the red one is stand offish but warming up, the Partridge is a total love!!! she follows me and eats out of my hand. I have 6 silkies and I have one that's not so lovey, she's a blue... I always wondered if one color or another had more health issues or personality issues. Anyone know?

I have noticed that my buffs and reds do not like to be cuddled/held as much as my partridge/white. All my partridge follow me around the yard just wanting to be picked up and loved. [​IMG]

9. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I have 15 silkies and out of all of them I have 2 which are partidge colored who do not care for handling.

10. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    The all look like Buff's to me. My Silkie's (well, I'm down to one now [​IMG] ) love to be held! They even let my DD, who is 4, hold them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by