Gold Silkies?

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
Anyone have gold silkies? Is this color even recognized? I knew they was many colors some not recognized but since I have joined BYC I have never heard any mention of gold silkies.

I watched a video on youtube of a flock of gold silkies (Well thats what they called them they looked red to me).

Here is the video

Last edited:
Silkies in general have a very sweet personality. I have a couple that follow me around and are underfoot all the time, just waiting to be picked up and cuddled. They are my 'Lap Silkies'.
love.gif

Lisa
smile.png

Quote:
They are love bugs. I just picked up two from Silkieluver Sunday and the red one is stand offish but warming up, the Partridge is a total love!!! she follows me and eats out of my hand. I have 6 silkies and I have one that's not so lovey, she's a blue... I always wondered if one color or another had more health issues or personality issues. Anyone know?

Quote:
They are love bugs. I just picked up two from Silkieluver Sunday and the red one is stand offish but warming up, the Partridge is a total love!!! she follows me and eats out of my hand. I have 6 silkies and I have one that's not so lovey, she's a blue... I always wondered if one color or another had more health issues or personality issues. Anyone know?

I have noticed that my buffs and reds do not like to be cuddled/held as much as my partridge/white. All my partridge follow me around the yard just wanting to be picked up and loved.
smile.png

The all look like Buff's to me. My Silkie's (well, I'm down to one now
hmm.png
) love to be held! They even let my DD, who is 4, hold them.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom