Golden Buffs?

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

Love Comes with Feathers
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
California
I bought a small flock of female Golden Buffs from Meyer Hatchery last May. But lately I haven't been seeing anybody really with Golden Buffs... However, there are Golden Comets, which look identical. Are they the same thing? Here's my little flock:

DSC_0133.jpg

Umm, what are "Golden Buffs" supposed to be? . . . . Some sort of new hatchery claim?

Sex Links are Sex Links, Buffs are Buffs, and Golden birds. . . Can be duckwings, columbians, laced birds. . . I'm guessing Golden Buffs are another name for sex linked birds?

Those there though are normal golden sex-links, yes.

From the pic on the link it's a sex-link hen. That's what your picture looks like, a gold sex-link. Should be little laying machines, and usually pretty docile.

Red Sex Links, Cherry Eggers, Red Stars, Golden Comets & Golden Buffs are all trade names for brown eggs laying hybrids.

So a Gold Sex Link is just another name for a Red Sex Link? I've wondered that ever since we got our GSL from the feed store last March. They get their chicks from Ideal so is GSL just the name that Ideal uses for their sex link chickens? She's a wonderful layer who rarely misses a day and is very calm & friendly.

55754_runcoop4.jpg

Ya, a sex link is a sex link as far as you are concerned. There are a bunch of various strains around, somewhat different at each hatchery, but they all should be good layers. They may have somewhat different coloring, but they are usually quite similar. The only people that really care about which strain they get are the large scale egg producers, as some strains produce slightly better than others (only really noticeable on a large scale).

Back
Top Bottom