golden comet thread!!!

Thanks for welcoming me! :)
Here's a few pictures of my Golden Sex Links (cross between a Rhode Island Red rooster and a Rhode Island White hen). I've got 24 of them total. They are each unique in their coloring, with various shades of red/buff/white in slightly different patterns on them. A few of them are almost completely white and they look neat. I myself can tell many of them apart from each other. They are, of course, all pullets and are 7 weeks old. Almost all of them are very sweet, but two of them are very mean towards me, even though I was never mean to them - it's just their personality, I guess. One of them consistently pecks me very hard and drew blood today from my hand, so I tossed her outside away from me. I'm thinking about putting her in a cage, separated from everyone else for a few days and then bringing her back to the coop so that maybe she'll be brought down a few pegs in the pecking order. What do you think? Either that, or I'm getting rid of her as I don't want any mean chickens around, for myself and my kids. Here are the pictures...A few of the hens can't get enough of me and want me to cuddle them all of the time. <3

Please note the purple stuff on the one chicken's tail is Blu-Kote, which I occasionally spray on a bleeding wound to keep the other chickens from pecking on each other. It works great! :)

Last edited:
Thanks for welcoming me! :) Here's a few pictures of my Golden Sex Links (cross between a Rhode Island Red rooster and a Rhode Island White hen). I've got 24 of them total. They are each unique in their coloring, with various shades of red/buff/white in slightly different patterns on them. A few of them are almost completely white and they look neat. I myself can tell many of them apart from each other. They are, of course, all pullets and are 7 weeks old. Almost all of them are very sweet, but two of them are very mean towards me, even though I was never mean to them - it's just their personality, I guess. One of them consistently pecks me very hard and drew blood today from my hand, so I tossed her outside away from me. I'm thinking about putting her in a cage, separated from everyone else for a few days and then bringing her back to the coop so that maybe she'll be brought down a few pegs in the pecking order. What do you think? Either that, or I'm getting rid of her as I don't want any mean chickens around, for myself and my kids. Here are the pictures...A few of the hens can't get enough of me and want me to cuddle them all of the time. [/URL] Please note the purple stuff on the one chicken's tail is Blu-Kote, which I occasionally spray on a bleeding wound to keep the other chickens from pecking on each other. It works great! :)
Your welcome!is your wound ok?i would a lest give your chicken one more chance,at lest.that might work try it,and if you hadn't said anything about the blue-Kote I probably wouldn't of seen it.oh and every body,I'm not getting a black sex link,I'm getting a silver laced Wyandotte!

Your welcome!is your wound ok?i would a lest give your chicken one more chance,at lest.that might work try it,and if you hadn't said anything about the blue-Kote I probably wouldn't of seen it.oh and every body,I'm not getting a black sex link,I'm getting a silver laced Wyandotte!
Yes! The chickens are all OK. :)Every once in a while, one of them will Peck another one and they sometimes bleed a tiny bit, so I put some of that stuff on there and then they don't get picked on anymore. :)I wanted to get some Black Laced Silver Wyandotte's and some Black Laced Golden Wyandotte's, but at the time all of the hatcheries were sold out for a month or two. They're lovely chickens! :)

Back
Top Bottom