Golden Laced Wyandotte-Updated pics-

JustClucky

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 16, 2011
TX
I'm new so I can't post pics yet but I was wondering how early you could tell if you've got a roo on your hands? We got 2 newbies last night. One's fluff is brighter than the other's and its face has more color but I have no idea if that means anything. lol I just get the 'I'm a dude' vibe from one of them. I have pics but I don't know when I'm approved to post them.
wink.png

Last edited:
OK, thanks!

First, this pic because it's just so darn cute:

d65972d7.jpg

I have no idea how to tell the difference. This is the one I get the pullet-vibe from.
1a71992c.jpg

c67f0c9a.jpg

This is the one I get the dude-vibe from. lol

4717c1b9.jpg

Of course, this is based on my ultra-scientific method of 'vibes' and 'cause that one has a kinder face'. lol

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

It will be a while before you will be able to tell if you have a boy. If one of them really starts developing wattles and a comb before eight weeks, you probably have a boy. Cute chickies!

I wish I knew enough about chickens to figure out how to tell. Lol. Wing feathers have something to do with it then?

How old are they? You can try to feather sex them, but I think they have to be pretty young-a day or 2 old. If the wing feathers are different sized (primary feathers smaller than coverts) girl, same size = boy. I'd see how they are in a few weeks too.

I'm told that they're 4 days old. Too late?

ETA: I'll update when they're older and I have something to go on.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom