GOLF

Quote:
Funny as they probably paid the same as you to play the round. If that would've happened to me I know I would have need to buy new balls and 1W. I wouldn't want them back after where they went.
sickbyc.gif

I used to play and keeping your head down was always the best advise I heard. I sold my clubs the day after I had surgury on my elbow and shoulder after blowing them out. I do miss playing alot.

jeremy

I'm a 8 handicap in golf...and Know all the swear words that have ever been invented.
lau.gif

Oh and took the wife to the range once.. Um she swung the club missed and felldown, about wet my pants I laughed so hard...Uh she has not gone with me since. I don't even broach the subject anymore... If I do I need to duck
hide.gif

To hit irons properly, make sure ball is placed in proper position between both legs. This allows proper loft/contact. This also assumes flat lie. There must be an adjustment for uphill/downhill lie. Take a practice swing to determine where that should be. Also remember to keep your clubface open (the tendency for beginners is to close it).

For beginners this positioning should get you started:

(left instep) 2... 3... 4... 5... 6(middle of stance)... 7... 8... 9... PW/SW (right instep)

golf is mainly physics. It becomes a mental game when you ignore the physics...

Last time I went there was an elderly foursome getting ready to tee off in front of me. The first guy teed up, took a couple of practice swings then stepped into his stance at address. Right as he was about to start his back swing a funeral precession started by the course on the little county road the course is located on. The old man stepped back from the tee and took his hat off until the precession got by. One of his group commented on how respectful it was for him to have done that...

The old guy turned and looked at them and said, "Yeah, in two weeks we would've been married for 45 years..."

Quote:
Fell with a 350 pound wood roof truss in my hands. Dislocated and seperated shoulder and I had a cubital tunnel release which is an interesting thing to have done to the elbow. Ended up with nerve damage to these:

shoulder_instability_symptoms01.jpg

creates some interesting sensations. Sometimes feels like someone is tapping me on the shoulder or a needle under the should blade. One good point is I can now write with my left hand. I get headaches if I do it too long though. Happened over 7 years ago and still deal with it. So BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR BODIES! Sometimes it never goes away.

jeremy

Quote:
LOL. I went to a golf outing at my last job and the salesmen were buying the drinks. When the dust had settled there were 2 carts in the water hazard and one was laying on it's top. Man there were some really ticked off people. Boy I;m glad those days are over.

jeremy

I must admit, there was once a time when I listed "cart jousting" as one of my favorite sports.

But now I'm releagted to the group of old farts that grunt and mumble "darn Fool Kids! Aut to be a law..."

Been working on that molasses thing. It seems to be helping. Good tip!

I haven't fooled with any of the other steps as of yet. I figure I'll just keep swinging in syrup for a couple of weeks before I start the next stage...

Back
Top Bottom