Golly has laid her first egg of 2024

Callender Girl

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 18, 2018
North Central Iowa
Although the American Buff girls are usually quiet until it's light outside, I heard one of them chatting loudly when I took out the dogs. About two hours later, I took in Gussie and Golly's feed and opened their coop door. Golly, who is NEVER one to pass up a meal, hightailed it out of the run and made straight for the foundation of my house.

A previous owner encircled part of the foundation with lava rock. I'm not a fan, but it's there and serves a purpose. Golly, on the other hand, has always liked making a nest among the rocks!?! She wasn't outside for more than 5 minutes before she dropped her first big, beautiful egg of the year. She is now fiercely defending her creation, and I dare not remove it until she leaves to eat or drink.

I threw a handful of hay -- that the goats didn't find up to their standards -- over close to her and watched as Golly tenderly grabbed single pieces to add to her rocky nest.

I love my geese and their endearing behaviors. 😍

Although the American Buff girls are usually quiet until it's light outside, I heard one of them chatting loudly when I took out the dogs. About two hours later, I took in Gussie and Golly's feed and opened their coop door. Golly, who is NEVER one to pass up a meal, hightailed it out of the run and made straight for the foundation of my house.

A previous owner encircled part of the foundation with lava rock. I'm not a fan, but it's there and serves a purpose. Golly, on the other hand, has always liked making a nest among the rocks!?! She wasn't outside for more than 5 minutes before she dropped her first big, beautiful egg of the year. She is now fiercely defending her creation, and I dare not remove it until she leaves to eat or drink.

I threw a handful of hay -- that the goats didn't find up to their standards -- over close to her and watched as Golly tenderly grabbed single pieces to add to her rocky nest.

I love my geese and their endearing behaviors. 😍
Yay! Been a funny season for allot of us. most are laying late. She is right on time.

Back
Top Bottom