Gonna have some knee surgery this Friday, April 22

eggcited2

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 8, 2010
Illinois
Been having trouble with (well, extra trouble) with my left knee.

See a ortho surgeon on a regular basis for my arthritis, but have had some extra stuff going on. He ordered an MRI last week and they found a "foreign object" (doctor's wording for it) that needs to be taken out.

At this point, he is thinking that arthroscopic surgery should be able to get it. So it is set up for this Friday, April 22. I know that is Good Friday, but the faster we get it out, the better.

I just hate to be laid up for the couple weeks to recover. (hoping it will only be a couple weeks)

We'll be praying for you
fl.gif

My mom just had knee surgery this am, she is not very happy right now. She has a very high tolerance to pain meds. So it is hard to manage her pain. She told me at 7:30 tonight she wanted to double up on her sleeping pills so she would pass out (she knows when she takes 2 she blacks out) and she said it is ok if she blacks out laying down. I said no not with everything your on already. I am glad her friend won't bring her pills from home.

I am not able to be there to help her and I feel so bad. I miss seeing my mom.

I hope your surgery goes well. Good luck to you and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

What kind of foreign object? Were you in combat? I'm not kidding, just curious.

Arthroscopic recovery is pretty easy. Just do everything they say....when they say ice, ice! When they say physical therapy....do it.

I think I was up and at 'em in about 72 hours. Wednesday surgery. I went to a movie and sat in the front row with my leg up that weekend. Was back at daily activity by Monday, but I did sit and elevate a lot....

Your leg will tell you when it is time to elevate. Just don't ignore signs, get someone to drive you for a week or two.

It will probably mostly be swelling and immobility that will be the real inconvenience. Myst simple arthroscopy isn't that painful.

Now if you tore your ACL....that's another story.

Hope all goes well.

Good luck! Ice, movement per doc orders, and follow everything else they say.

I'm up to 7 knee surgeries now, but I've actually not had scope work. All of mine has been open.
hmm.png
We were hoping to get a year on the most recent surgery before starting on the other knee, but it looks like it's not going to last, so I'll be going under the knife for the massive reconstruction on the other knee this summer, if it holds out long enough.

I had arthrospopic YEARS ago, when it was a brand new procedure. Outpatient surgery was walking the next day and had staples out the next week. I was one of the first in Florida to have it captured on video. Ice , follow docs orders and you should be fine in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom