Gonna Play Army today !

If it's not your property there really isn't anything you can do, and if your birds are being eaten by her cats then it's time for you to move. It doesn't matter if she can't afford the place without you there to pay rent, there are plenty of people around who would readily replace you. Keep the birds penned up until they are fully grown, at least, or move somewhere else. I'm amazed that your landlord was OK with you having chickens in the first place, not many owners would allow that.

Just remember that you are a tenant. If you ever get caught killing cats you'll have to pay the consequences. I'm not saying kill or don't kill the cats, just if you get caught there are consequences.

Quote:
I am well aware of what section this is. You'll note by my registration date that I've been here a while. You'll note from my post history that I spend a significant amount of time in this particular section because I deal with REAL predators everyday. The difference is that I rarely actually lose birds to said predators because I am sensible about dealing with them. You are not being sensible. You are being vindictive. And don't flatter yourself by thinking that your landlord "needs" your rent payment. Roommates are a dime a dozen, and I am in a position to know this having rented out rooms in my home for many years. You are certainly not a roommate your landlord needs. I certainly hope you heed the words of several people responding to your post and leave your landlord's cats alone, shore up your run (or build one), and perhaps consider moving to a new abode.

You have a PURRFECT day yourself.

A better alternative to slaughter may be to call animal control. Have them set traps for the cats. Help her get the cat population under control. Maybe even offer to help spay/neuter the ones she considers 'her' cats. Make sure she no longer feeds 'her' cats outside, to stop 'bringing in' strays, as you say. And then, you STILL need to protect your chickens, because of ALL predators. If there are so many cats in the area that food 'draws them in', then more cats will come to fill the void.

I gotta chime in,,lol.

To come on any forum ,chickens or no chickens , and say basically your going on a cat shoot,,,,Is the wrong way to go about it. What did you think was gona happen???? I dont think anyone is agaist putting an animal down if needed but there is a bigger problem here.
You do have a problem,,,40 plus cats???? WOOOOW!!!! Thats a problem with out mentioning chickens. You need to get with your roomie and do something about it. Im assuming this is your GF.
Its out of hand for sure,, but a cat shoot is NOT the answer. Nothin but trouble for you.
Call animal control,, say,,,hmmmmm,,,,,,, the neighbors must have done it.

Hi GA.. thanks for the input. I have offered to help her pay to have her 4 fixed but she called (so she said ) and checked... no vet around here will do that without first giveing them ALL the shots they require. You talking in the neighborhood of 100.00 to 125.00 per cat. She doesn't want to spend that kind of money on even what she calls as strays. Our town doesn't have an actual "animal control" , we just have the local human society and they said they are no longer accepting cats. We've had this problem for awhile. Maybe I should just ship some to New Hampshire? haha. Roomie or Landlord whatever you want to call her has asked me before to take them for a drive somewhere. I wont do that because I"m sure someone would call that cruelty to animals or abandonment... much like drownding or CO from a car exhaust. Just so everyone knows though... I had 3 cats... fixed declawed and ALL shots. I had to get rid of them before I could move in here... lol... strange huh? NOONE in there right mind would move into a situation like this so she's pretty much stuck with haveing me for a room mate, regardless of what other posters have said or CLAIMED TO KNOW. She wanted to raise chickens for a couple years, but had some pretty fierce dogs that eventually got so old she had to have put down. So she's all for haveing chickens. Sorry this got lengthy, just wanted to cover a thing or two from other posts.
wink.png

Quote:

WOW...

OK..I got the movie rights on this...
big_smile.png

crazy chicken possessed roomie looses control of mind and snipes landlords cats because of dead chickens...credited to lack of effort, or thought, that chickens are best kept in a pen....gets caught, prosecuted, and pulls ten years in the very thing(pen)that could have prevented such...now rooming with butch, which isn't a gentleman, at all...LOL...
gig.gif

some, just don't deserve the ownership of chickens...case in point...

guess forest gump said it best...stupid is as stupid does....

Your right Flash... I should have known better. Already wrote mods and apologized. Roomie not girlfriend but a close friend that I have worked with for about 12 years. She knows theres a prob. but she dont want to do anything or get accused of anything. Thanks for chimming
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom