good books

Watership Down Richard Adams
Animal Farm George Orwell

are the two that come to mind quickly....although both are allegorical and humanize the animals...

Enslaved by Ducks was a great book. It wasn't fiction, but was actually a funny account of a man who started with one animal and just kept getting more and more! (Just like many of us here on BYC!)

There is a book called the "Firebringer" about deer that I read this past summer and it was excellent. That same author also writes another book about wolves, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

Also, there is another series called "The Firebringer" and it is about a group of unicorns. This is more of a younger series, but I'm almost 20 and I still enjoy books like that every now and again :) I believe there were four or five books in that series.

There are a few other animal books I know of, but just can't remember. I'll have to go through my collection since I'm home for the weekend and I'll get back to you.

Have you read the series of books by James Herriot? It starts with All Creatures Great and Small. Every animal lover should read his books, they are wonderful!

Quote:
They most certainly are, and the television series they had here in the UK was fantastic....Yorkshire is a most beautiful place..ahhh your comments have taken me back years (and years!)

I have read all james Herriot books Black Beauty Chicken Soup for the Animal Lover's Soul & Pet Lover's Soul Call of the Wild
I will have to look for those books

Some people like the Redwall series . . . I enjoy them when I'm looking for a light read that I can get through in an afternoon.
Everyone should read Watership Down
smile.png

Also . . . Where the Red Fern Grows and Summer of the Monkeys are both excellent books.

Back
Top Bottom