Good caged bird for an apartment--update, bad news :(

I went to a bird specialty store and played with some of the juvenile cockatiels and I loved them! They said the same thing, hand fed male. All their birds were hand fed and raised and very tame. There was some mild biting, but it didn't hurt because I think their bills were either trimmed or not grown out yet or they just didn't bite hard. Very friendly birds.

Mine do that when I try to pick them up but they are so sweet and lovable when I hold them. They are babies and with the right amount of love and attention will be a great friend! Our Female tiel says pretty bird and wolf whistles! Rare on the girls so I can't wait to hear my little boy Howard when he gets a little older!

I say get a Malaysian serama
wink.png
They keep them in their apartments there
roll.png

I vote for the parakeet. Come in all kinds of colors, aren't loud enough to irritate the neighbors, and love to cuddle with humans if properly raised.

Quote:
I thought about a dove, but thought the price was really high, at least the one I saw. To tell you the truth, I thought about sneaking a small house duck in.
wink.png
No way would I get away with that, ha ha. Plus, the mess!
roll.png

Thanks for the suggestions. When I get one or if I get one, I'll tell everyone what it is that I got.

Last edited:
Well, I just got word, today, that the new management company said that I can't have any pets at all. If it's not in the lease, then I can't have it. I don't know if they ever amended my lease to include a bird, I will check. But, for now, it would seem that I can't have any pets at all, no birds, no fish, no cats, no anything.

A good thing to note for the future--if pets are ever allowed again, make sure they put it in writing in your lease if you get one. I could have gotten a bird a few months ago and, now, I would be having heartache over giving it away.

Last edited:
Um, it it's not specifically prohibited in the lease, they can't STOP you from having pets, at least in theory. You would need to read the lease VERY carefully and see what it says. There may be a general "it's not allowed if we don't specify it" clause that may or may not be enforceable, depending upon how its worded and what they're trying to prohibit.

That's my take on it. But, they could make your life unpleasant if they wanted to.

Last edited:
I couldnt stamd to be without pets.

I'd tell them you'd rather have a bird, but would settle for a hissing cockroach since bugs aren't on the non-pet list. They might let you have a bird after that
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom