Good Deal?

Fiddle/Fadle are Rhode Island Reds they are kinda a weird orange/ brown and are the same color.

65510.jpg

3 Unidentified Birds (No Comb)

65511.jpg

Fiddle/Faddle little blurry (Double Yolk)

65512.jpg

Some of them (Fiddle/Faddle, Unknown)

Last edited:
Unfortunately I had to cull the last two that hatched (not the double yolk twins) because they never had the ability to walk. It wasn't spraddle leg as they were in the proper position only they just leaned forward all the time and couldn't even crawl. More so their legs were too weak to walk and the others had picked their legs raw overnight. Any possible reason for this problem?
sad.png

Any ideas what type of bird the above yellow/black chicks are. He ordered his Rhode Island Reds from Murray Mcmurray and I suppose his one rare chick lived.

Last edited:
Thank you so much Talos123, I am so very interested ,may I ask what State are you in.? Were your egg freighted from McMurrays, or did you collect them yourself. They have hatched nicely, what ever distance they needed to travel. Fiddle and Faddle look so sprightly there amongst their sisters and brothers.
Please update with more photos, this is so unique, you have done so well for you little friends.
Ruth. New Zealand.

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out exactly what this means....the dead ones were obviously further away from something...but what was the 'something'?

Fluffypaws:
The eggs weren't shipped. My brother got them from his coworker for 1.50 a dozen whom swears upon Rhode Island Reds and claimed that is all he bought from Murray McMurray. Noticing that I have 3 oddballs makes me think his rare chicks lived to maturity. Their only traveling was being passed to my brother at work and carried around in his car for two days and one day was 42F so I didn't think any would hatch. I'll add some new pics after my camera is charged up.
Fiddle hasn't grown much at all which concerns me. Still very small and slower. Faddle is growing and catching up to the others.

tx_dane_mom:
I was trying to say that my incubator is a still air. I'll add a computer processor fan for free instead of spending 32.00 for a fan to distribute heat better because some hatched 2 days early while others hatched late and had leg problems and some didn't develop. So in the Little Giant it was like this

Left Side-->Day 19 all these hatched,
Middle--->Day 21 all but one hatched,
Right side--->Day 22-Day23 a good number didn't hatch. Three had leg problems, crooked toes or couldn't walk. The one with crooked toes I made shoes for.

Toe is still a little crooked (New Shoe Added)
l_8d6ef0dd8401f8ce7a868fda9f8761f6.jpg

Small Fiddle
l_694f5d2f1303399e4f8dac2fb667fa6e.jpg

Fiddle/Faddle
l_8a02048414111f6d2342909563ce8c20.jpg

Unknown
l_94a51e9b23c228ca012221353b0d74b1.jpg

Last edited:
That is really cool about the twins
big_smile.png
I hope a fan helps get rid of your problems. Keep us updated if you have future hatches and if the fan helped.

I know this post is a day or two late and a dollar short.. (came by to see the twin pictures)

If you are still puzzled by the mystery chick I thought I'd pass along that we had an Americauna chick almost identical to that.

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom