Good duck names?

LilLightning

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 25, 2014
I'm hatching ducks and I'm trying to think of good names for both genders. Any names would be appreciated. Thanks!
lol.png

Last edited:
Good names for ducks are spontaneous and unique. My first male mallard (or if you want it could be a girl) duckling is named Armado, pronounced arm-uh-dough or if you want arm-uh-doo. My second female duckling is named Merci pronounced m-air-see. It means thank you in French. As you see mine are merely made up from my first thought from when they pipped! Merci took awhile to pip, precisely 28 days! When she finally had a pip, I thought thank you lord! and merci popped into my mind. With Armado, when he came out of his egg he looked like an armadillo in its little ball. (Now he is normal, I promise) So be spontaneous and remember what you first thought of!
jumpy.gif
love.gif

My ducks are Flynn (flynn rider from Tangled) and Ruby (daughter begged me to name her that) my chickens are Sunny (side up) and (eggs) Benedict. I will be getting another chick tomorrow that will be named Hamlet (ham omlet) and 3 new ducklings but I'm not sure what to name them.

I have Sylvia a Khaki mix with Peking she looks a little silvery with the feather blend White and Khaki. I think there's a children's book or book character Sylvia the Duck. However I have searched everywhere without finding the reference. It's possible I just dreamed up Sylvia.

Now I have four new Khaki Campbells ducklings. I keep calling them chiks because I am used to having chickens and I can't think of names. They do Peep all the time.

I feel bad for the lady who 'lost her Marbles' because she was sleeping with the bird.

@etenn01 Welcome to BYC... Those babies are so adorable.
love.gif

poor Marbles..

I have Muscovy their names are
Ernie
Opie

Ruthann
Dolly
Suzie
Sassy
Hope
Joy

Last edited:
Here's all the names of my current and past ducks:

Potato
Waffles
Tater Tot
Jeepers Creepers
Michelle
Duckasaurus
Pteroducktyl
Mr Presiduck << rehomed
Gunter << deceased
Biff
Lloyd
Nachos
Mr Duckie
Frankenduck
Count Duckula << deceased
Dickie
Snowflake

...Wow, I have too many ducks. Anyone want some? Lol

Someone needs to name one of their new hatchlings Waffles, after my pretty girl, my favorite duck that I lost two weeks ago. I miss her a lot :(

Seriously, it's a great name!

Saw this post while looking for my duck names not having any clue what I was looking for. I hope my khaki can fill those shoes. And it is an awesome name! And what better to go with Waffles than its flat cousin the pancake :) so happy to finally have names my whole flock!

Back
Top Bottom