Good Lord, THE WIND here today!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Robin'sBrood, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] Please shut off the wind machine, Lord, I think it's going to blow my chicken tractor away! [​IMG]

2. cmcgoun

cmcgoun Chillin' With My Peeps

Yea, I know it Robin, everything is blowing over here! No trees though...yet which is good

3. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    Y ou keep that wind down there please!!! We had a wind storm here last September that had the power out for two weeks! No thanks! [​IMG]

4. cmcgoun

I dont think we have it that bad like maybe 30 MPH gusts

5. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    There is a field beside our subdivision and when we get wind like this you should see the dust storms. I'll look outside and it looks like there is a snow blizzard going on, but it's all the sandy dirt that is blowing from that field. Incredible. Have you heard what the winds are gusting to today? From the way my house is shaking it feels like gusts of 50mph, at least!

6. cmcgoun

In Raleigh the weather service says 15-20 MPH but its more than that. Its at least 30 MPH

7. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    It's REALLY windy in Sylva today too. It's scary to see the power lines swaying back & forth sooooo much. The poor little birdies can't land on them today. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    As soon as I saw the title, I said, hmmm, somebody in the southeast. Yep, small craft warnings are up, and it's blowing like the dickens here in sunny South Carolina at the coast.

9. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    preppy*hippie*chick :

Y ou keep that wind down there please!!! We had a wind storm here last September that had the power out for two weeks! No thanks! [​IMG]

Two weeks... good grief [​IMG] ...that's worse than what Hurricane Fran did to us back in '96... and we lost half our roof in addition to our power!​

10. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    I know this is crazy, when will the wind stop!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by