Good morning BYC

What I've been working on. Really like the pink and blue (whales) one. Too cute! Froggy one had some tension issues so I'll keep that around - not going to give it away. May do for dog blanket or something. Or I'll stitch rip the border and try again later. The pink and animals one will be next to get sewn. The cute lil hands and feet one there are two, they're single sided.

Haha they're actually easy-peasy to put together :) these ones are little - more like swaddling blankets for babies. Though could work for security blanket for older tots too.

Next time Joann's has some fabulous sale on ;)

Got two more blankets to go, double sided flannels again but I'm putting some light stuffings in one. EXPERIMENTS!

And with the long weekend coming hopefully we'll be able to finish off the coop and surround and be able to evict my girls from the garage!!! Which will be awesome.

Last edited:

Done. Though I still have to stitch rip and redo one of the froggie ones...the one that's folded a bit bigger has some batting in it. Had to stitch rip a line on it and oh my word does it make you cross eyed!!

And a picture of some of my girls cause this is a chicken website not a sewing one lol.

:frow Hi. I hope you don't mind me hopping on here. Your blankets are adorable! Seeing them makes me miss having a tiny one! :) I just wanted to tell you what I used to do in case it's an idea you might like. :) I would make them for my babies (double sided, unlined flannel) and sew vertical and horizontal lines, evenly spaced, over the entire blanket, which, of course, made squares. Then, I used these exclusively as their bath towels until they got too big. My 4 y/o just recently stopped using them. Sewing the squares made it lay flatter which seemed better for drying. I loved them a hundred times more than any baby towel I could find ready made. :)

Oh I did square ones on one I did with some skinny batting.

Lol as is the batted one, which was the last one I did...has about four different threads in it cause I kept running out.

I'll have to try that though on the plain Jane ones...like I said next time Joann's puts their flannel on sale ;)

We're not planning on being in a family way for a bit yet but it seems everyone else around us is lol. Their children are my guinea pigs mwahahahha

Back
Top Bottom