Good Morning

ewaugaman

Songster
7 Years
Sep 30, 2012
Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I have a question, I have a little bani hen and the Rhode Island Reds pick on her terrible, she has gotten to where she lays in her nest box all the time.
I was afraid that she was not getting out of her box to eat or drink so I moved her to another little coop.
My question is will she be alright in the other coop by herself? Will she get used to being alone in their? She has a bedding box in there and food and water, I keep a small light in there for her, is that alright?
I checked on her this morning and I see she has made a snuggle down bed in the straw. She usually lays an egg a day, do you think she will stop laying since I moved her? as you all know this is my first year that I have had chickens. all together 6 Rhode Island reds and my little bani hen. I am still getting 6 eggs from the reds, and one egg a day from the little bani. Will this slow down now that it is getting colder out?

Thank you Ewaugaman

I wouldn't leave her by herself. I would get her another hen or 2 to keep her company. Once she and the new one(s) become friends you can let them out with the rest and should be ok. I have a mix flock and the bannies 8 out 15 and 5 are hens they are all good buddies but will still always kinda stick together.

Back
Top Bottom