Good news!!!!!!!!!!

angelmarie

Songster
11 Years
Jun 3, 2008
bakersfield
MY chickens have feed! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! there all fat and happy lo. I think the reason we ran out so qiuck is because there are pigeons who fly in the yard and eat it al. Does anyone have some good designs for a full sized feeder?

I, personally, use the really large/long rabbit feeders for my birds to eat out of. That way it clamps to the fence & has a lid (some versions).

I think i will keep the good feed in the coop and feed only scraps outside. This way it should be possible to cut down on feeding the flying rats. And thats the way my granny did it.

i gotta go nail my down to a long flat board my silkie roo Midus likes to flip them over for his girls so its all over the ground
roll.png

but i just use the ones i originaly bought the plastic red ones,hmm maby i should make some like my grandma had....

I've learned to keep the run gate shut when the dogs are out in the yard.

They can go through a day's worth of chicken feed in about 5 min. I don't know why I bother buying them real dog food when they prefer chicken feed and 'processed' chicken feed (poo).
roll.png

Morning glad to hear that ya got your food. We have all ran out at one time honey, it happens. I know they make some feeders out of those big buckets with the lids that you can get in walmart (sometimes by the bakery and if not there over in hardware has them) and a bottom of the big plastic flower pots. There is directions on here somewhere they make waters like that as well. Check on the coop building page.

well thank ya all, i'll get working on building one today with some scrap wood, and i''l post pics so you guys can see wat i'm up to

Back
Top Bottom