good prices on hatching eggs???

pamperedpoultry

CHICKENFIED
10 Years
Jan 28, 2009
(south West) Virginia
Just gettin into saleing hatchin eggs I incubated most of mine myself last year and I'm overrun with chickens. So I'm goin to sale and swap some of mine this year all mine are bantams Ive got OEGB self blues, birchen, brown/red, spangled, and Barred rock. Also Mottled Cochins, and Japanese btw's and a pair of of Brown leghorns...so whats a good price for these eggs for 6 and a dozen??

frow.gif
I haven't started selling any hatching eggs yet, so I can't help you out there...I'm gonna need the same advice in a few months.
big_smile.png
But I'd really love it if you'd let me know when you have mottled cochin eggs available.

Quote:
Ok we'll learn together maybe.. I def will let ya know I see you've got one as your avatar maybe we could swap eggs when we start layin get some different blood lines

It all depends on the quality of the stock the eggs came from, are they SQ or PQ? Maybe they aren't SQ but are much better than production. You sould consider what you paid for eggs. Then you need to post pics and see what kind of feedback you get, if people don't like what you have it won't mater what you ask..
thumbsup.gif
Good Luck!!

I have noticed a lot of people lately asking an awful lot for eggs. My suggestion is don't overdo it. Ask a fair price and you will always have customers.

I sell my heavy breed layers hatching eggs for $6 a dz if that helps any

Quote:
Ok we'll learn together maybe.. I def will let ya know I see you've got one as your avatar maybe we could swap eggs when we start layin get some different blood lines

Sounds great...thanks!
thumbsup.gif
I've only got 2 mottled cochins...the one in my avatar and a younger sibling. Hopefully they're a pair!
fl.gif

I've got a breeding pair and I've got 2 young hens in with them now that should start layin anytime now, I hatched them out with some others that were japanese BTW's and they've already started. I've also got 13 hens and 7 roosters that I've got up forsale their anywheres from 3 months to 6 months old.

I love cochins period!! think I'm goin to get me a few more colors.

I know what you mean.. I used to have a buff standard rooster he was huge we Called him Dudley. He was fine til I brought a few chickens in and they all started roosting outside the field they staid in.(we had a mini donkey that protected them and our pot bellied pig) coyote's got him I think along with the others. Then my sister decided she wanted some silkies and did an order for chicks and I orderd some blue bantam cochins, the rooster got gone with the others and the hen lived on our back porch and I had gotten a puppy form the horse market and he never botherd the chickens until he got to playin too rough and killed her. So I got out of chickens for awhile after that.....

Back
Top Bottom