Good Uses for Quail Eggs

HappySetHayes

In the Brooder
Dec 11, 2017
My Japanese quails have started laying again for the season (down in the southern hemisphere) so I'm starting to end up with a good number of eggs at the end of each week that I'm not always using. They're such reliable layers!

I tend to just fry up a few eggs here and there to eat, and I do also bake with them on occasion, even though it means using 8-12 eggs in one go :p

But what are some better and more creative uses for quail eggs that you've tried?

I boil them and take them to work for snacks. I love the bite sized ratio of yolk to white, it's perfect. Plus I like giving them to friends who have never tried them (and some that have). I've seen recipes that use them as toppers for various Asian "bowl" meals, or some people put them raw in their smoothies for the perceived health benefits (of eating them raw). If you have pinterest its loaded with ideas...

My Japanese quails have started laying again for the season (down in the southern hemisphere) so I'm starting to end up with a good number of eggs at the end of each week that I'm not always using. They're such reliable layers!I
I tend to just fry up a few eggs here and there to eat, and I do also bake with them on occasion, even though it means using 8-12 eggs in one go :p

But what are some better and more creative uses for quail eggs that you've tried?
When you bake with them how do you convert the recipe? I haven't cooked with quail eggs yet but I've been told they have a slightly different consistency than chicken eggs. So when making bread you have a adjust your recipe. Has that been your experience?

some people put them raw in their smoothies for the perceived health benefits (of eating them raw).
"Does Cooking Affect the Quality of the Protein?
The high-quality protein abundant in eggs contains all nine essential amino acids in the right ratios.

However, how much of that protein the body can actually use seems to depend on how they are prepared.

Eating eggs raw seems to provide the least amount of protein.

One study looked at how much protein was absorbed from cooked versus raw eggs. It found that participants absorbed 90% of the protein from cooked eggs, compared to only 50% of the protein from raw eggs (4).

Another study provided healthy individuals with a meal that contained either cooked or raw egg protein. It found that 94% of the cooked egg protein was absorbed, compared to only 74% of the raw egg protein (5).

This means that cooking eggs helps the protein become more digestible and more accessible to the body.

In addition, eating raw eggs carries a risk of bacterial contamination and food poisoning (6, 7)."

Taken from How Much Protein in an Egg?

Back
Top Bottom