Goose Egg Incubation

Yea, mine have become harder to see, but I think that he has just stopped developing. The others have about 15 days left, whereas it still has/had 21 days. I'm going to keep him in there for 5 more days, and if there is no improvement, I'll remove him. Although, 33/35 of the turkey eggs are doing great!

I am anxiously awaiting internal pip on my first egg of the year. Should be soon, it's due tomorrow. They can take longer than 28 days though.

So, here are pictures of my goose eggs being incubated. Yes, two of the eggs are further along in incubation, but the other egg (top picture), is still vein-less and has made no more progress. The other two, however, look phenomenal.

I'm incubating embden/African cross goose eggs. I'm on day 20 and so far 5/6 are doing well. It's getting harder to see in there. The one that quit on me was huge, 209 grams! I guess that's why he quit :(. I might post some pics as well.

Well, I have an update. I finally decided to take the egg out. I took a dremel, opened the egg up, and he had stopped developing days ago, there were no veins to be found, and the only blood was what came from the pea sized gosling. It was nasty and smelly. I wish that he would have lived, but he didn't. Hopefully the other two will be able to make it.

I've done that before. The gosling was going to be beautiful! He made it to day 26 and quit on me, but I had also had temperature problems with the incubator.

I am incubating 3 Sebastopol goose eggs. Day 9 candled. Am afraid 2 are infertile. Only 1 shows possible life. Very disappointed.
Have read different recommendations for temperature and humidity. Advice please......thanks

I am incubating 3 Sebastopol goose eggs. Day 9 candled. Am afraid 2 are infertile. Only 1 shows possible life. Very disappointed.
Have read different recommendations for temperature and humidity. Advice please......thanks

I can't really give you specifics on humidity because that's going to vary by area. Have you been weighing them to keep track of that?

As for temps, I just do mine at the standard 99.5 in a forced air, but it's been said they do a little better at a little cooler, maybe 99.3 or 99.4. Mine don't seem to have any trouble at 99.5 though.

Weighing hasn't really helped me backside I don't really know what I'm looking for. Some lost more moisture than others, and some about toninternal pip while others have a few days before that happens. It's getting excited though!

Back
Top Bottom