Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Take your turner out. You can fit a lot more eggs, and you don't need the extension.

In one of mine, I kept 3 racks in the turner for chicken eggs, and I put goose eggs in the empty space.
I have done this before but I don't want to hand turn them. Which is why I'm looking to get a automatic turner. Well actually I'm just wanting the racks to put on my automatic turner. If that makes sense
fl.gif

goose eggs should never be held in an upright position for hatching, but rather on their sides. So if the racks you are looking for/at hold them like chicken eggs dont buy them.

Paula we hand turn all of our goose eggs three times a day and mist starting day 7 once a day for all eggs, even with the large numbers we have going I can get them all turned quickly
Actually I was asking if I could remove my racks meant for chicken eggs and just order goose egg racks to put in their place. Except space them farther apart. Will it work or am I going to have to buy a special turner as well as the racks.

As celtic says you need to incubate goose eggs on their side!!! If it is a turner that has them upright they will not do good at all for you..... They need to be exercised on their sides not on their small end......

As celtic says you need to incubate goose eggs on their side!!! If it is a turner that has them upright they will not do good at all for you..... They need to be exercised on their sides not on their small end......
Does anyone understand my question
barnie.gif

pic know they need to their side but I'm asking if I can buy goose racks which will rotate them on their side. But do I have to buy a whole new automatic turner or can I just take the chicken racks out and attach goose racks onto my automatic turner.

Take your turner out. You can fit a lot more eggs, and you don't need the extension.

In one of mine, I kept 3 racks in the turner for chicken eggs, and I put goose eggs in the empty space.
ditto- I've got the Hovabator 1588 with the yellow rack in it, 3 racks in with chicken and duck eggs, and 3 racks out for 7 Sebbie eggs to lie down on their sides in the space thsoe racks would have taken up.
Good Luck!
Lisa

I understand what you are saying look on ebay to see if you can order goose eggs holders for on their side. If you have the hova bator I seen there were goose eggs hova bator goose egg racks. They are on there now I just looke the other day.

I have a digital R-com incubator and an incubator I have to turn eggs. I like the R-com it is great.

goose eggs should never be held in an upright position for hatching, but rather on their sides. So if the racks you are looking for/at hold them like chicken eggs dont buy them.

Paula we hand turn all of our goose eggs three times a day and mist starting day 7 once a day for all eggs, even with the large numbers we have going I can get them all turned quickly
Me too Shellie... plus I keep track of weight losss........ as I only have one bator it's easy and fun to watch each step as development.

Does anyone understand my question
barnie.gif

pic know they need to their side but I'm asking if I can buy goose racks which will rotate them on their side. But do I have to buy a whole new automatic turner or can I just take the chicken racks out and attach goose racks onto my automatic turner.
yes you can. they are actually quail racks with plastic mesh to hold turkey/goose eggs

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XNMH6A/?tag=backy-20

Great post Pete! Thanks for posting.

I am attempting to hatch 2 goose eggs (Sebastopol) for the first time. I tried to research normal average weight of the eggs because one of my eggs weigh 6.5 oz and the other weighs a whopping 10.9 oz. Is this 10.9 oz egg normal? Has anybody had any luck hatching an egg this big? I am only on day two of incubation so I am still hoping to see spiders in the next couple of days. Anyone with any knowledge or tips I would really like to hear them.

Great post Pete! Thanks for posting.

I am attempting to hatch 2 goose eggs (Sebastopol) for the first time. I tried to research normal average weight of the eggs because one of my eggs weigh 6.5 oz and the other weighs a whopping 10.9 oz. Is this 10.9 oz egg normal? Has anybody had any luck hatching an egg this big? I am only on day two of incubation so I am still hoping to see spiders in the next couple of days. Anyone with any knowledge or tips I would really like to hear them.
most of us weigh in grams. 6.5oz = 184.27g and 10.9oz = 309.01g .... the 6,5 oz is normal size I wonder if the other is a double
hu.gif
if so the odds of it hatching are slim to none.
I'd recomend not giving up on any eggs till day 10.
here are a couple of threads we all hang out on:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/747720/lets-have-a-gosling-hatchalong/400#post_10726669
for Sebasstopols https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/740391/2013-sebastopol-breeding-gosling-thread
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...own-as-hatch-day-is-today/37020#post_10726733

Back
Top Bottom