Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
You were 100% correct!
1f60a.png
The membrane was hard as a rock. It's just so hard to know when it's time to interfere. Absolutely no blood and I had to help her all the way out.
Thank you so much!

I have another question that I hope you can also help me with. I have two geese sitting, and one started on March 16th. I would like to take some of these eggs and incubate them at lockdown time because I have them sold. I think it would be less traumatic than taking chicks away from her. When do you think would be a good time to do this, and what temp/humidity should it be set at?

I'm doing the exact same thing with taking the eggs from the brooding goose. So if she started on the 16th they should hatch on either the 14th or 15th of April so I would say grab them on either the 10th or 11th of April since you don't need to turn the eggs anymore at that stage and they will only need heat.
Try and encourage her to get off her eggs and keep her busy to so you can go in and grab the eggs ;)

Sorry never had eggs stuck in the turning tray? I think it shouldn't be possible for an incubator to do that? But I'm obviously wrong. are they out yet? Most incubators are aimed for chicken eggs so it's odd.

I just realized that I posted this in the "geese" thread, sorry. I have misted the eggs with warm water and taken a wet q-tip and tries to get some moisture right where they are touching on the try. One came loose so far. I guess I'll just keep working on them periodically until I get them all loose.

I just realized that I posted this in the "geese" thread, sorry. I have misted the eggs with warm water and taken a wet q-tip and tries to get some moisture right where they are touching on the try. One came loose so far. I guess I'll just keep working on them periodically until I get them all loose.

I don't know much but maybe take something like blue dawn dish soap on a wet qtip and run around them or maybe even neosporin I know dawn dish soap is a good soap to use on animals but yet I don't know but I would try that

I don't know much but maybe take something like blue dawn dish soap on a wet qtip and run around them or maybe even neosporin I know dawn dish soap is a good soap to use on animals but yet I don't know but I would try that

Thank you! I hadn't thought of that. I'm off to work and Hubby will pick up when he gets home this afternoon.
Thanks again, PJ

I also just got 6 Sebastopol shipped eggs and incubating for first time- I am only on day 4- can't wait to candle.  I have incubated a ton of chicken eggs though and  it can happen that some develop quicker than others just based on location in incubator- some spots are warmer and some cooler.  Hope that makes sense.  Good luck!! 

I'm incubating shipped call duck eggs, at the moment. My first time with ducks. I'm on day 6. The air cells were all detached on arrival but 4 are growing. And two started 1 & 2 days after the first two. I'm beyond excited!

Help! My eggs are stuck! Six of my 12 White Leghorn eggs are stuck in the turning tray. I was candling the assorted eggs that were set on Saturday, but when I got to the Leghorns, some were stuck in the turning tray. I don't see any cracks or anything spilled inside. I can see that the eggs are fertile, so I don't want to (further) compromise them, or any of the others, but they're going to have to come loose sooner or later. Anyone have experience with this? If so, how did you get them loose? I keep thinking of that Jr High science project where an egg placed on top of a beaker of hot water slips through an opening smaller in diameter than the egg, except this project doesn't end well.

Wow that's crazy! Can you take a pic?

I'm incubating shipped call duck eggs, at the moment. My first time with ducks. I'm on day 6. The air cells were all detached on arrival but 4 are growing. And two started 1 & 2 days after the first two. I'm beyond excited!
Wow that's crazy! Can you take a pic?

I'm at work- the day is just dragging! Someone suggested Dawn dish soap on a Qtip, I'm going to try it when I get home. I'll snap a pic then.

Back
Top Bottom