Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Help! My eggs are stuck! Six of my 12 White Leghorn eggs are stuck in the turning tray. I was candling the assorted eggs that were set on Saturday, but when I got to the Leghorns, some were stuck in the turning tray. I don't see any cracks or anything spilled inside. I can see that the eggs are fertile, so I don't want to (further) compromise them, or any of the others, but they're going to have to come loose sooner or later. Anyone have experience with this? If so, how did you get them loose? I keep thinking of that Jr High science project where an egg placed on top of a beaker of hot water slips through an opening smaller in diameter than the egg, except this project doesn't end well.

How long is too long from pipping to hatch? My Sebastopol goose started pipping Wednesdsy night. It seemed to be making progress until last night. It's still peeping, but progress has stopped. I've heard geese can take up to three days to hatch. I'm looking at it, and all exposed feathers are dry.

Help! My eggs are stuck! Six of my 12 White Leghorn eggs are stuck in the turning tray. I was candling the assorted eggs that were set on Saturday, but when I got to the Leghorns, some were stuck in the turning tray. I don't see any cracks or anything spilled inside. I can see that the eggs are fertile, so I don't want to (further) compromise them, or any of the others, but they're going to have to come loose sooner or later. Anyone have experience with this? If so, how did you get them loose? I keep thinking of that Jr High science project where an egg placed on top of a beaker of hot water slips through an opening smaller in diameter than the egg, except this project doesn't end well.

Sorry never had eggs stuck in the turning tray? I think it shouldn't be possible for an incubator to do that? But I'm obviously wrong. are they out yet? Most incubators are aimed for chicken eggs so it's odd.

How long is too long from pipping to hatch? My Sebastopol goose started pipping Wednesdsy night. It seemed to be making progress until last night. It's still peeping, but progress has stopped. I've heard geese can take up to three days to hatch. I'm looking at it, and all exposed feathers are dry.

It sounds like you need to help him! I'll get a few pictures quickly from how Pete does it!

Your gosling has definitely absorbed all it's yolk but has a problem getting out and is peeping constantly I'm guessing.

Make a hole like this(2nd picture above) and gentlely bring it's head out(3Rd picture above) and leave it till that. It should be able to continue from there on.
I do this every single year.
Hope you the best!

You were 100% correct!
1f60a.png
The membrane was hard as a rock. It's just so hard to know when it's time to interfere. Absolutely no blood and I had to help her all the way out.
Thank you so much!

I have another question that I hope you can also help me with. I have two geese sitting, and one started on March 16th. I would like to take some of these eggs and incubate them at lockdown time because I have them sold. I think it would be less traumatic than taking chicks away from her. When do you think would be a good time to do this, and what temp/humidity should it be set at?

You were 100% correct!
1f60a.png
The membrane was hard as a rock. It's just so hard to know when it's time to interfere. Absolutely no blood and I had to help her all the way out.
Thank you so much!

I have another question that I hope you can also help me with. I have two geese sitting, and one started on March 16th. I would like to take some of these eggs and incubate them at lockdown time because I have them sold. I think it would be less traumatic than taking chicks away from her. When do you think would be a good time to do this, and what temp/humidity should it be set at?
@servpolice

Did you try misting them with warm water???
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom