Goose poop!

LargeMarge

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2017
Hi again.
As a new gosling owner, I have MANY questions. I was shocked about how little goose specific info there is online outside of these forums. I think I read everything there is- after weeding through all the articles about Ryan Gosling! :rolleyes:
My latest inquiry which I can't find much info on is about what I should be expecting to see when it comes to poop. My girls are 3 weeks old.
There is no shortage!- that is not the issue. The consistency varies greatly. Most often it is very liquidy and I'm wondering if that is something I should be concerned about. The color varies based on if they just ate a lot of crumble (brown) or if they just gobbled some greens (green). Sometimes it is just straight clear water. There has been the occasional solid poop here and there but it's primarily runny. They are acting normal and energetic, and eating and drinking normally. They have a constant supply of (non medicated) crumble and clean water, and get handfuls of various grasses and greens about 4 or 5 times a day. Advice as to whether or not I should be this affiliated with their poop would be appreciated so I can move on to whatever my next overbearing concern will be :hmm
THANKS!

Thank you! I had a feeling it was normal due to the amount of water they drink, but I had to know for sure. Great profile pic by the way. That's one bad ass looking bird!

does not sound like you have a problem. Geese, like most fowl, poop and pee from the same place. My geese primarily graze so their poop is not unlike cow poop. Half digested grass and that sort of thing. When they get their corn and oats mix they will poop more of a brown/beige color. Putting them up at night is when it is fun. Mine seem to know they are in for the night and let go as they go into their house. I try not to follow them too close at that time.

Back
Top Bottom