Goose wing situation getting worse 😢

Those can be cut off with some shears, I wouldn’t pull them out. To be honest they almost look like they’re getting ready to fall out themselves, sometimes feathers will droop right before they’re shed naturally, so that could be what’s going on?
Ok thank you! How and where should we cut them? Should it be right at the base? I was mainly worried as they still cause her pain when the feathers are touched

Ok thank you! How and where should we cut them? Should it be right at the base? I was mainly worried as they still cause her pain when the feathers are touched
I would actually wait a few days and see if she is mounting, she might drop them herself.
If they do need to be cut, around halfway so she does have some feather but it isn’t torquing and bumping into anything.

I would actually wait a few days and see if she is mounting, she might drop them herself.
If they do need to be cut, around halfway so she does have some feather but it isn’t torquing and bumping into anything.

Because it’s been bothering her for a while I figured I’d try to cut them but she started crying out 😓 I think I’ll try again when she’s sat on my lap, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom