Gorgeous Black Silkie Pullet!!!!

Dylan's Silkies

Songster
9 Years
Jun 16, 2010
Virginia
5 1/2 month old Black Silkie Pullet. She's one of the girls I hatched from Amy Piehl's eggs over the summer. She's a gorgeous girl. She's still filling in at the moment with pin feathers on her crest. She's typey, full cushion, 5 toes, large crest. Just an overall nice girl that would be good for anyone's breeding program. PM me if you have any questions.

She's not a cull. I'm just downsizing to a reasonable number due to time constraints and I got really lucky this year and hatched more girls than boys, surprisingly. I can combine shipping with any of the other auction birds. The birds will be bathed, nails/beak trimmed, treated with ivomectrin prior to shipping.

60743_black_pullet_-_4_121011.jpg

60743_black_pullet_-_5_121011.jpg

60743_black_pullet_-_6_121011.jpg

Last edited:
I have a black hen from Amy Piehl and she won BV at two shows so far. Amy has the best blacks IMO (really dark black color, not like other diluted blacks I've seen). I would grab up this girl in a heartbeat if we could. Hope she goes to a good home!

I was out taking pictures of the other sale birds and got some more pics of this pullet.

On these two, she's standing under a heat lamp.

60743_black_-_16_121011.jpg

60743_black_-_15_121011.jpg

Her Comb:

60743_black_pullet_comb.jpg

Her Feet:

60743_black_pullet_feet_2.jpg

60743_black_pullet_feet.jpg

Quote:
Thanks! I was just out in the pen looking at her! She's sooooo cute. I love all of the black ones I hatched out of Amy's eggs. Very consistent quality. Just too many to keep, can you believe that???

I had too many originally also! (every single chick survived to adulthood - healthy little critters!) ....so I traded some of them locally, but now I wish I had more again since I only have 2 left that weren't taken by predators. I agree the quality is very consistent...I could've dropped any one of them in a show and received BV. They're gorgeous!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom